“OK” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Turk's Head Inn Restaurant

The Turk's Head Inn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Chickerell
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lagos, Portugal
“OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Not a lot of atmosphere the service ok and the manager seemed to be on to the staff
quickly if things were not quite right as was the case with a couple of issues we had.
The food was very good with large portions.
About average value for money.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Unhappy, wouldn't go again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We booked up for a carvery but when walked in no-one was being served on the carvery so it was unattended and all meats uncovered and flys were landing on it. We said about it at the bar and they went off to ask when new meat was coming out and were told its not long been changed and just put foil over. When I said but the flys have been on and you just covered it up, I was then told well there's a menu and special board. So very unhappy with the out come and attitude. Then we asked for glasses for our water they were filthy. Won't recommend anyone to go. This is second time we have been there and had problems first time but thought give it another chance. They failed.

• Visited August 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A mixed bag.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was looking forward to my meal at The Turk's Head but when I get there I wasn't greeted by any staff and was stood waiting to be acknowledged by a member of staff for over 5 minutes. I then had to take myself to a table, I wasn't shown to the table. Finally sat at the table, I wasn't given any menus or asked if I wanted a drink for over 10 minutes and eventually had to go to the bar to get my own drinks and menus!! Once my order was taken the food came quite quickly and I was very pleased with my food, it was delicious.

Overall I would say I was incredibly disappointed with the service it really wasn't up to scratch but the food was great.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Great Choice, Good Value and Very Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Having read a few recent reviews before going I was a little apprehensive however my fears were unfounded. Went as a group of 8 with 5 adults and 3 kids. Food service and choice was up to normal very good standard. Also chose turks for kids play area which has had a good investment and kids also like the goats chickens and other animals. Portions were fine, veggie loved the veggie burger and couldn't personally fault the mixed grill. As usual with reviews, take all with a pinch of salt. Only partial downside was that some of the double cooked chips were more crisp than chip.

Weymouth, United Kingdom
“DREADFUL MEAL AND VERY EXSPENSIVE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Very disappointed with our meals ! My starter over £8 was prawns and crab. There was hardly any crab and just a few small prawns. The rest was made up of taste less cheap packet salad ! We ordered two steaks over £16 each one should have been rib but they had run out ! We had two very small burnt sirloins. One should have had salad but it came with chips, so went back into the kitchen had the chips scraped off and again a tasteless bag of limp cheap salad !
We asked twice the for desert menu ...... no luck ! The bill came to £75 and we only had two drinks each !!! Will not be returning !

• Visited July 2014