The Lugger Inn
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Windsor Hotel(Weymouth)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsspa bathwet roomlovely pubgood sizecrispy roast potatoesdouble bed and two singlesrange of beersdisabled roomroom was cleanpowerful showerwarm welcomeminute drivefamily roomshort staystayed for two nightsquiet locationbed and breakfast
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We only stayed here for one night as we were visiting family in Weymouth. Perfect place to stay and I'd stay here again next time I visit. clean rooms and delish breakie. you pay for what you get. I would recommend to friends and family

Reviewed 30 June 2014

What a lovely find! We went for weekend and made to feel very welcome. The staff all had smiles and a friendly word to say. We decided to eat there rather than going out and we are so glad we did. The evening meal was outstanding and such a choice, there was something for everyone. To top it all they had live music on and the band were excellent. We had room 1 which was comfy and very clean and a good shower ( something you don't always get nowadays). We had full English breakfast and plenty of tea and coffee. Thanks to the whole team at Lugger Inn we will be back :-)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My teenage son and I together with his friend stayed in the family room for a one night stop over for a Bovington Tank Fest treat, on arrival both myself and the boys were met with a friendly chat which made us feel immediately at ease.
The room (11) was perfectly clean, comfortable and ideal for us as the double bed and two singles were partitioned affording us all some privacy.
Our evening meal was outstanding home cooked food and excellent value.
I can honestly say that every member of staff was friendly and nothing was too much trouble even for boys that don't eat anything 'green' and only like their milk straight from the fridge!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Having booked a double room with a spa bath, it was a bit of a surprise to find that the bath was actually in the room with a separate room for the toilet and sink. My wife did not like this idea and asked if we could swap rooms which the staff were happy to do, as we were led to believe this is a fairly regular occurrence.
Apart from this our stay was comfortable and the rooms were clean and the food pretty good. The bar area had a nice ambience and the restaurant was cosy and intimate. Each night they had a themed special offer meal selection, and over the 2 nights we were there we tried the curry night and the Italian night and both were excellent value for money. The breakfast was ordinary but adequate and the staff were unfailingly helpful and polite.
All in all, our stay was what you would expect for the price paid.

Room Tip: If you are sharing a room, unless you like bathing in public I would make sure you book a room with a separate shower and bath!
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We chose to book our short break at the Lugger Inn on the strength of the Tripadvisor comments. We were a bit disappointed
I had expected the inn to be more rural, a country pub, however it was surrounded by Tarmac and houses.
The welcome we received was warm and genuine but I was surprised to find our room was in an annex about 50 yards along the street. We were told there would be a band playing that evening but our room was well away from the music , also the car park would get full so to bear that in mind if we were going out and returning later. That was true and this is a popular venue and there were cars parked along the street directly outside our window so no noise from the music only from departing guests.
Our room was large, clean and as it was a hot day I welcomed the fact there were opening windows but all, including the bathroom opened directly onto the street, good for airflow not so good for privacy and security.
The room was clean, the decorations seemed fresh , exactly as in the photos on the website, but very 1980s. I was surprised that the bed was only a small double, so many places now have king sized beds or even zip and linked six foot ones, and in this room there was plenty of space
There was a small bathroom but the bedroom was dominated by a large corner spar bath, odd but welcome after a days walking in the sunshine.
We had booked a table for an early evening meal by the time we left the tables were filling up fast. The menu was large and typical pub grub we ordered steak and lasagne , both turned out to be ordinary. When the sweet menu arrived I asked if anything was home made, sadly the answer was no, so nothing special there.
The Inn provides free wi fi in the bar but there was none we could detect in the bed room.
The breakfast was very basic, boxes of cereals, pots of yoghurt and some tinned grapefruit segments. A good selection of hot options were cooked to order and my poached eggs were as I like them.
I must add there was nothing to dislike here at the Lugger Inn but on the other hand nothing special that would prompt us to return again. It was a reasonable price for what was on offer .

1  Thank 49sunshine