“perfect place for a holiday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chickerell
East Fleet Farm Touring Park
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We've been welcomed by a very helpful staff and amazing views.
Loved the pub on the site as well as the play park for the kiddos.
Probably one of the best family friendly campsites we've ever been to (loved the family shower rooms!!!)
Great location for exploring the area.

1  Thank AlwaysSpeakOut

Reviewed 16 December 2011

We'd learnt about this site from a family member who had found this gem several years earlier and have returned every year since. We stayed for two weeks in August 2011 and were not disappointed. Another member of our group also hired their small but perfectly formed cottage. The site is great for children and the addition of the play barn is fantastic. Beautiful walks and sceanery are literally on your door step. To top it off this place has the most spectacular sunsets. The staff are helpful and friendly and tour the park throughout the day and evening. It was reasuring to see that when group of teenagers from a neighbouring site came down and started causing bit of trouble that thy were dealt with swiftly and without incident. The site also runs bus service to Weymouth during th height of the season. I cannot comment on this as we did not use it. The bar has a lovely feel and the food is good. It may be a bit more expensive than pubs in the town but the quality and service is excellent. The shower rooms are always spotless and new facilities are being added for 2012. I cannot speak highly enough of this place and have already booked our return trip for 2012!

1  Thank Bernie-Ann
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Stayed here with my family for our summer holiday with our touring caravan, it's well appointed and the facilities are the best iv seen, even if there is a slight queue it won't bother you because of the spacious shower cubicle complete with sink and toilet.

The Lagoon is very much a nature reserve and very pleasing to walk round.

As mentioned the shop is very comprehensive and the staff are abundantly friendly helpful and efficient. I witnessed a member of staff dashing to the toilet block at 23.00 to close the roof windows as it was raining and the cleaning of blocks and site go on until after dark.

We will visit again!! and you must go!

3  Thank coachdriver21
Reviewed 9 August 2011

This is a VERY good campsite - the facilities are comprehensive (the shop is thoroughly stocked), new and immaculate, the staff are friendly, the location is great (next the famous Fleet Lagoon itself!) and the place is generally very professionally run.

If you are an easy-going family looking for a high quality campsite then look no more and go and book your pitch right now! The kids will be very safe and they will love it. Your dog will too.

If you are a pedantic, unsociable and grumpy git like me, looking for a quiet week away with your wife then you may wish to read on...

Things I didn't like:

- although the park claimed to allow no noise after 11pm, this was not policed as I have seen it done in other sites and thus inconsiderate (or perhaps just normal) people are free to talk at full volume long into the night - I am not a light sleeper, but simply cannot get to sleep if there is any kind of noise - even with ear plugs I could still hear chatter and general commotion. You may well ask me why I decided to go camping if I am thusly afflicted; at 2am in the morning one night I found myself asking the same question. I realise that I am being pedantic in this complaint, but I mention it just in case I can save anyone similarly sensitive from having a similar experience.

- the bar on site is lovely and they sell some lovely ales, but the food is overpriced - for £8.95 I expect a homemade burger and don't want to discover that the chef has gone to Iceland. Avoid unless you are desperate.

- noise again: unless you wish to be disturbed constantly by people using hand-dryers in the toilet blocks I suggest that you request a pitch well away from these areas - especially as the dryers are those very powerful ones that subject your hands to NASA g-force testing. They are great dryers, but they should be turned off after 11pm in order to give adjacent campers a break. This didn't disturb me personally, but I can imagine it was a problem for those nearby.

- more on this subject, the stable field is considerably quieter than the upper and lower fields (and more secluded as far as I could see) due to the absence of the kiddies' playground that dominates the area just below the shop (it is in the upper field - look at the park map). I was impressed to see the children being requested to leave the playground at 9pm sharp (which they did with no protestations) every night by the park staff, but the noise from this area during the day is horrendous. If you want to be in the thick of it and be able to observe your kids at play then the lower fields are perfect for you.

- the campsite is very 'connected' in that it has wifi and freeview coverage; surely this cannot be a problem, you may think, but there were a lot of televisions blaring from tents and caravans that I feel were really too loud. Maybe there were a lot of agoraphobes there when I stayed.

- there was a man in the tent next to me snoring at an incredible volume for the duration of my stay; I imagine that he has gone now, or died of terminal sleep apnea, so this last one shouldn't be a problem for you.

Hope this helps any budding Victor Meldrews out there to make the right choice of campsite this year! Thanks for reading.

Room Tip: If you want to see your kids at play - request a pitch in the upper field; if you want a nice view a...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank N1973
Reviewed 7 August 2011

just returned from this lovely campsite, we went by previous reviews found on the net when booking and have to say we were not dissapointed in any way, we booked only a month in advance and asked for a quiet pitch with a view, and that,s what we were given! we stayed in the stable field, pitches towards the top have great views the site is clean, very clean actually and we loved the proper bathrooms in the stable field. the site is ideal for visiting weymouth and if you have no transport there is a bus from the site daily, there is a shop on site with most things you could need in a emergency, and an asda not far by car in weymouth.we visited dorchester, chesil beach, portland bill, overcombe beach, weymouth and weymouth for the fireworks which take place every monday evening in august.we also did the farm walks around the site which are interseting and give stunning views.we had near perfect weather so all in a really good time.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank wilsoncomeback
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We've had never camped before so we can't really compare this campsite to anything else, however we were really impressed. If you are looking to get away from it all, this place isn't remote/in the middle of no-where but it does have lovely views of the countryside and estuary. We asked to be in the Stablefield and they were able to oblige, this field is close to the toilets and showerblock. The showerblock is heated (I don't know if this is the norm but I was impressed, in any case) and there are hairdyers if you need them. Be warned if you are 'glamping' the hairdryers aren't the greatest and there are no sockets to use your own......that means no straighteners either!

Lulworth Cove and Monkey World are worth a visit and are not far away. There are plenty of places to eat in Weymouth itself, we were impressed with the Balti House and The Ship Inn (this is a slightly dressier place...we felt a bit out of place in our grubby camping gear!).

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WestMidlandsChris1
Reviewed 30 September 2010

We were very pleased with this campsite. The toilet block was clean, with plenty of loos and showers. The on site shop was very well stocked and the bar was very ncie with very good beer and food. The staff were very approachable and helpful. I would happily visit again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kimburns063
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chickerell
Higher Moor Farm
Higher Moor Farm
#1 of 25 in Weymouth
Chesil Family Holiday Park
The Lugger Inn
The Lugger Inn
#2 of 2 in Chickerell
The Heritage Bed and Breakfast

Been to East Fleet Farm Touring Park? Share your experiences!