“What a difference a day can make.....”
Review of The Lugger Inn

The Lugger Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Chickerell
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We ate at the Lugger Inn on two consecutive nights... The first night the service was very good, and the Main course excellent. We were disappointed by the puddings offered as they were all obviously bought in frozen sweets.
On the second night, the service was far too slow, we were made to wait far too long between courses. We even had to wait to pay for the meal! The main course was okay, but again the sweet was out of a freezer, and overpriced at almost £5. The main courses are good value, but they obviously make their money on the sweet.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Wide choice of dishes, with generous portions and modest prices.

Service is excellent and staff lovely

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I ate in the restaurant twice and have mixed views.

The first time i had steak which was good and cooked how i ordered it, my wifes food was fine but my boy had an adult meal burger and chips and i could not believe my eyes, he told me the meat was off but it wasn`t it was just as dry as a biscuit in dry bap with frozen chips (cannot understand any restaurant not wanting to serve fresh potatoes for chips) this was his meal, dry bap, dry burger with chips, i paid but was disappointed.

I also had a carvery which reminded me of school dinners, nothing to complain about but very basic, turkey roll or what looked like shoulder of pork with no crackling, dry stuffing, soft roast potatoes, peas kept warm in water, the whole thing was very basic almost army style, again nothing to complain about but not fine dining!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We have eaten here a couple of times and a few times just for drinks, whilst staying on a nearby campsite. We have found all the staff really hospitable and accommodating. The bar staff are full of knowledge about the local area and made us feel really welcome. Thank you all for making our holiday just as enjoyable as our local. May I commend the manageress on all her staff.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Visiting The Lugger on several occasions whilst staying in Weymouth, we cannot find anything to complain about! The Sunday carvery is very nicely cooked with plenty of choice and great value for money! The daily menus are also very good with the 2 for £10 options being excellent too! Try the local Ciders...you won't be disappointed! Great teamwork and very friendly staff who work very hard..thankyou!