Die Reichsstadt GmbH
  • Room Service
Berger(Zell am Harmersbach)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbeautiful townair conditioningblack forestsparkling winefew stepswelcome drinkrooftop terracesteam roomtop floorbreaddegree viewstayed nightsroom upgrademodern hotelcakescomfortable bedsa lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We were on our way to Italy and stopped here, about 9 Km from the highway. It was a very nice surprise! The village itself was lovely, old and pitoresque. The hotel was in a very narrow street in the old part of town. Dinner was served in the garden, which was good! We had 2 rooms looking out to the garden. We would definitely stop here again the next time, even might stay longer. Friendly personnel too.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We had a wonderful stay in this hotel everything was just perfect .the location could not be better and parking was easy.
The staff were a breath of fresh air the customer was made to feel very welcome in their home.The restaurant served excellent food and the garden was just perfect,this is one time I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We picked this hotel based on some Internet reviews, but they really didn't do it justice! It is located right near the heart of a truly delightful town that is really well-geared up for tourism. The hotel has a heritage dating back some centuries, but the rooms have been upgraded with high-quality furniture and fittings of the sort typically only found in the most luxurious hotel chains. We were welcomed with a complimentary drink, and on both morning's enjoyed chatting with the proprietor as he did his rounds of the breakfast tables. Personalised service was excellent, and tips for things to do proved most rewarding and made for a truly memorable stay.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if all of the rooms have been rennovated - could be worth asking.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013

The exterior is old and in keeping with its location (Gengenbach is a picture postcard village) but the interior has been completely modernised. All the staff we met were friendly and helpful. Parking at the hotel is confusing. On arrival I was expecting to find a car park space reserved for us but when I asked the receptionist where it was she found us a place in the adjacent public pay and display area by getting one of the hotel employees to move his own car. Because of the limitations of my German I wasn't able to find out if this was the normal arrangement or just exceptional service !
The hotel restaurant is also excellent - superb breakfast. The evening meals are "fine dining" with prices to match but there are cheaper options available (first rate in our experience) and good local wines are available by the glass.

Room Tip: Because the hotel is in the middle of the old town SatNav is not a lot of use - ours led us to a dead end - I would recommend parking outside the restricted area and finding your way on foot
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I honestly can not say enough wonderful things about this hotel. We stayed for 2 nights and were made to feel very welcome from the moment we arrived till the moment we left. Our room was wonderful - modern and clean. And I really appreciated the little touches like bathrobes (for the wellness suite we didn't have time to use), the fruit bowl, a kettle and fridge. The breakfast, which is included in the price, is outstanding. And I love that would could make our own fresh juice. The staff were helpful and friendly and at both breakfasts the owner came over to our table to see how everything was and have a little chat. I will definitely return here if I'm lucky enough to return to the Black Forest, Both my husband and I were really happy and heartily recommend staying here. For us it was reasonably priced for such exceptional accommodation. Definitely a gem of a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple