“Excellent service and high quality food”
Review of Die Reichsstadt

Die Reichsstadt
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Gengenbach
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel and booked dinner in the restaurant. Excellent and attentive service. I had the fish set, and my friend had a steak.

Food was excellent at every stage: from the bread and the house made butter, to the amuse bouche we both had, to my gazpacho and starter. The highlight was really the monkfish risotto for me - I love monkfish and this was done perfectly with a creamy risotto with seafood! Will be back next time I am in Gengenbach!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

It's a very good restaurant.
TA editors, being the great minds that they are, deleted a couple dozen of my reviews for not adhering to their standards, or so they claim, even though some of those reviews were marked as helpful by other TA readers. But of course TA editors in their infinite wisdom know better what's helpful.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We had an amazing meal. This would be one of the more expensive nights out in Gengenbach, however the meal was outstanding and worth it. Everything was beautifully presented and delicious. The wine list was interesting and we went for a local Pinot Noir.

1  Thank geldav
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

We chose this place for a Saturday lunch with my children and elderly parents. We settle down, get the menus and when we are ready to order they ask us to leave as their dinner preparation do not leave any space for lunch orders!? Outrageous!

1  Thank JasminaLezay
Reviewed 10 November 2016

We thoroughly enjoyed two dinners here. The food was outstanding. As seasoned travelers we were amazed to find this high quality in such a small town. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. The service was very friendly, professional and knowledgeable about the local wines. The staff were able to adjust the menu to accommodate our food allergies.

1  Thank lim13