“The Best resort in Bolinao Pangasinan....”

Puerto Del Sol Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bolinao
Pasig, Philippines
“The Best resort in Bolinao Pangasinan....”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We were welcomed with complementary drinks while waiting for our turn to check in. Our room was located near the pool area.... very clean and had the view from the 2nd floor.. it was very relaxing and ambiance was peaceful, perfect for vacation. With connecting swimming pools ,for adults and for kids extended to a warm bubbling jacuzzi. Beach was safe with white fine sand .We had our buffet breakfast at the restaurant extended to the beach area. We had our lunch at the restaurant where we bought fresh meat and fish and eat them grilled. Also halo-halo that was generously filled out with ingredients the best. My kids enjoyed the beach and the pool.We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank 486Melody_Francisco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Valenzuela, Philippines
Reviewed 21 June 2013

My son and I stayed here for three nights and had a very positive experience here.Our room was ready when we arrived at 12 noon....its nice to travel on weekdays, no much traffic towards the countryside and the resort is not crowded. The staffs were very friendly and accommodating. We felt safe with security very visible. The rooms were small but clean with lots of thoughtful amenities. The food was also very good, with a filling breakfast selection. It has a nice beachfront and we stayed most of the day in the cabana. There weren't that many people during our stay so we always had either a cabana or lounge seat available.The room attendant was very efficient in cleaning our rooms right away when we ask for assistance because my son accidentally spills his yogurt on his bed. We brought our own sand toys though the resort had some. I also appreciate that there is a place that smoking is not allowed. Puerto Del Sol has a shallow beach (2-4 feet deep only ) which my son enjoyed. There is no fitness center but we took walks at 6:30 am along the beach, when it's nice and quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Gina G
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 21 June 2013

My foreign husband and I got the place by browsing online, read some travel blogs but still insist to reach the so called white beach of Bolinao, Pangasinan. We book online via AGODA on a Saturday night and take off the road immediately not checking if the resort is 24/7, A soon as we arrived about 1:00 am, the Front Office is closed. The guard on the gate ask for our confirmation voucher but we just manage to say sorry but we booked on line. The guard then assist us by giving us a place to wait and turn back to radio a staff. When the staff arrive, obviously woke up just for our check-in, we found out that they did not have our name on the reserved list. So we told them we booked via AGODA. We were told that they can't confirm our booking since Manila office is out of reach. Later on, a lady came in who seems to woke up also to check on us. Soon as she get the story from us and instructed to retrieved the email send by AGODA to us. that we don't remember we can do... its the only document they hold on, for us to check-in. They remain so patient in spite of the trouble we had cost in coming unexpected.. thanks for the lady and the staff who manage to cut their bedtime to assist us,, as we register our name, we found a notice on top of the front desk table saying: FRONT OFFICE OPERATION TIME 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Thanks really guys for being patient with us. And the rest of the stay was really unforgettable for my husband and me.. the resort ambiance, the food, the warm staff greeting and smiling on us.... LOVE TO GO BACK IN PUERTO DEL SOL.. SEE YOU AGAIN GUYS.. TO THE LADY AND FRONT DESK STAFF ASSISTED OUR LATE CHECK-IN.. WE WILL BE ON TIME NEXT TIME.. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Room Tip: Mansion villa is the best for couple.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank secretcharm07
Batangas City, Philippines
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I was with my family to spend summers, we are group of 15/10 adults and 5 children. the price is much cheaper for big family compared with other high end resort. My nieces cant get enough of the infinity poo, the free play area is fantastic. it is very family oriented resort, but also could be romantic and personal too. Service is exceptional, the food is maybe expensive but it is the Resort, you pay for the quality of food, the service and the presentation and the location, so i think its not that bad. Anyways, i highly recommend this resort; it is the best resort you can find on that side of Bolinao Pangasinan.
Thank you Puerto Del Sol for giving us a memorable summer vacation. i hope that well meet again and pls. keep up the place and your high standards.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Leise Anne C
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I drove pass the resort because the entrance wasn't too appealing but after checking out Patar and Treasure of Bolinao (its a sad resort) we gave it a try. We passed it again on our way home and decided to check it out. I was blown away by the price, I've stayed in the Italian Riviera in Porto Fino, El Nido Lagen in Palawan, Pico de Loro in Nasugbu and Puerto Del Sol is at the bottom along with Pico de Loro. I tried to see how they would charge 5-star price but I couldn't agree with it. We ordered room service for dinner and they charged 22% extra and deliver less food than they would normally serve at the restaurant. I was so disappointed when they brought the caldereta with about 4-5 pieces of meat and no sauce and the same thing with ginataang sugpo. It was a total crime against filipino food, I asked the staff and they even explained that they bring less food when its room service. What a rip off!!! Yes, Jheckie was right, the water was salty and the towels smells funny.

The next day we checked out the beach and it was too dirty. I don't know how they get those pictures here in tripadvisor, I walked the resort up and down and they whole place was dirty. Then there goes breakfast, you can only have water and coffee as part of the complimentary breakfast. I ordered an extra orange juice and they gave me Tang juice and charge P50, lol.

The only positive thing I can give this resort is the staff. They are very friendly with the exception of one lady that I had to give a piece of my mind to her regarding her customer service. Oh and before I forget, the road to the resort and going all the way to Patar beach is horrible.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank jeppoy

Travellers are raving about these Bolinao hotels

Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We just came from an overnight night stay in Puerto Del Resort. But what I can say is this is “Worst” resort/hotel I ever stayed.
Reasons:
1. INCONSIDERATE - We drive 6hours to go to Puerto Del Sol. We arrived earlier than the check in time because we decided to travel as early as 1am because it’s our first time to go to Bolinao we have no idea of the place and we want to have more time to explore the place. Upon arrival the guard at the gate asked if we have a reservation and we said yes we have. He told us that the check in time was 2pm (in a rude manner) and treated us as if we are not a guest. We told him that we are asking for little consideration since we came from a far place but his so arrogant in answering us. So we try to understand that is there policy so we just asking for a place where we can stay and he answered “dyan dyan sa beach muna kayo” as if we are not a guest to tell us that way.

“Treat your guest right and in the first place we are not walk in we booked and settle full payment that you requested”

2. Not well trained receptionist – the front desk was open at 7am. So still we asked for a little consideration if we can check in early but he told us the room was not yet available. Again the way the receptionist talk was still arrogant. She even told us that she’s not on duty. We asked her if we can just upgrade or avail a room which is available so that we can take a rest. She told us that we will pay for the extra hours we will consume but avail the same room we booked. “The room we booked was not available but if we pay for the extra hours the room will be available” what was that??? We do understand if the resort was fully booked or on peak season but they only have few guest.

So we just decided to pay for the extra hours because we need to rest and we have no sleep.

3. The food was too expensive but doesn’t taste that good for the price.

4. The rooms are too small for the price that they charge.

5. The beach was not good for swimming.

6. We are asking to talk for the Manager so that we can air our complaint but the manager did not bother to show up.

Total Rating: Don’t go to Puerto Del Sol is not worth to travel 6hours just to treat as if you we not a Guest but they to insist that it’s a first class resort but the staff are not well trained. But credit to Ms. Briget and other staff at the restaurant the only people who manage to smile and serve us properly.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank Jheckie234
Baguio, Philippines
Reviewed 30 May 2013

What I like:
- Awesome massage by the beach at sunset -- I highly recommend this.
- Helpful, friendly staff
- Beautiful, well maintained facilities, very tasteful resort furniture
- Clean, beachfront property. Very private too. And very picturesque at sunset!

What I don't like
- Super far!!!! And they don't offer complimentary pick ups from the Bolinao town. I mean for the price we paid and for the distance we traveled, the least they can do is provide complimentary pick up service to their travel-weary guests.
- Water in bathroom was salty -- yuck. But the shower outside wasn't.
- I guess they built the rooms that way so you spend more time outside than in. The bed was pretty hard and the walls were not sound proofed? We could hear conversations from the next room. Thankful that they weren't a honeymooning couple
- No wifi in room. I had to bring work with me, my globe stick wasn't getting good signal from our room so I had to stay at the dark resto late night. Thankful the staff let me.

Room Tip: I think any room in the property is nice. They have rooms for big groups, couples and they also have...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank eatsinbaguio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolinao
Villa Soledad Beach Resort
#1 of 4 in San Fernando La Union
Awesome Hotel
Awesome Hotel
#1 of 5 in San Juan

Been to Puerto Del Sol Beach Resort? Share your experiences!