“beautiful place”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Svoronata
ΑΘΗΝΑ
“beautiful place”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

...it really is.Located in a wonderful place ( just 8 km from Argostoli ) it makes you feel calm as soon as you approach the entrance .
Surprisingly spacious and clean everywhere, classic and classy at the same time.
Polite and friendly stuff ready to help whenever it needed.
..and it gets better...the moment we saw the pool ( i took my best photos there ) we knew our choice was the right one.Rather clean made us feel safe and comfortable.The pool bar served rather yammy!! things so we stayed by the pool till late in the afternoon.
Our compliments also to Irinna's chef.We found the dishes rather delisious and beautifully served.
One of my favourite spots was the main bar with its large balcony.
As for the beaches nearby Ammes,Spasmata,Ah xelis i have only good things to say.Sandy,calm waters and this unbelievable blue/green colour just amazing!!!
I wouldn't exaggerate if i say that it is a small paradise for us there
Thank you Irinna...we'll be back

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank JULIA E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Greek first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I stayed for one night in July 2012. Due to a late flight, the receptionist had waited for my arrival. Well done. The room was disappointing. There were ants crawling all along the floor, which called for some creative placement of my personal belongings. The bar fridge was empty and not even plugged into the wall. The rest of the room was fine. In the morning, the so called buffet breakfast fell way short...some cereal and crackers were on offer. I was happy to be leaving. Don't let this put you off from seeing such a wonderful island with plenty of things to do for everyone.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank theolio
Svor28100, Manager at Irinna Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Dear Sirs,
With reference to the above publishment, we kindly point out the following:
It is amazing that the publisher posted his comment for the Hotel almost ONE YEAR LATER.
He states that he has stayed in the Hotel just for one night and just for a few hours , not mentioning the date, and eleven months later he decides to send his comment.
We have checked our arrivals of July 2012 and we have not traced any stay of a man for one night; We assume that the Client has been mistaken as far as the date of his stay.
At any case we kindly point out that :
The reception operates 24 Hours.
The breakfast is on buffet and consists of
coffee, tea, milk.
Marmelades, butter, miel.
Breads, fried bread, sweet cakes.
2 kinds of cereals.
Orange and grapefruit juice.
Omelet or boiled eggs.
Ham.
Cheese.
Yoghurt.
Fruit salad.
We do not serve and have never served crackers.
Finally we would kindly stress that the Hotel has Clients/repeaters who visit the island every year and choose the Hotel to spend their holiday.
We thank you for your hospitality in Tripadvisor’s website.
Yours sincerely
The Manager

Travellers are raving about these Svoronata hotels

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We had a very pleasant and pieceful stay at the hotel Irinna, which is very well situated and with a friendly and family atmosphere. Everybody was very willing to serve us all day long. The swimming pool was really fantastic and we had great coctails there.
We highly recommend this hotel since it offers an extraordinary value for money experience at a wonderful island like Kefalonnia.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nick s
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Staff all very friendly and rooms cleaned every day. The pool area is lovely. Very few people staying here as we went the last week of September and everwhere seemed pretty quiet.

Paid for bed and breakfast but only went down on the first and second days. After this, bought things in ourselves and kept them in the fridge in the room. Can't believe that in this day and age a hotel only serves up MARGARINE and not butter!! That put me right off, but I can't stand margarine.

As others have said, very near the airport and the planes come in pretty close overhead - you can almost wave to the passengers! - but no night flights and they don't really disturb you.

Nearest bar (Crazy George's) 15 mins walk away. The hotel is quite isolated, but great if you are after a nice quiet holiday. Ammes beach and some restaurants and hotels are only 5 mins walk from Irinna if you go through the half open gate to the side of the building and down the path, but no-one at the hotel tells you this!

Hotel was clean and tidy, but overall it was pretty shabby and is showing it's age. A lick of paint on the outsde of the building would do wonders. Very basic and I wouldn't stay there again, there are far nicer places in the same area for much less.

Kefalonia is gorgeous though and we will be back, but not to stay at the Irinna.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank anniemac54
London
Reviewed 30 September 2011

A last minute booking, and was a little concerned when I found out how near the hotel is to the airport. The transfer is about 5 minutes (which is great in a way), and you can see the end of the runway from your balcony.

But it is not a busy airport and was not woken up once at night by aeroplanes. When the balcony doors are opened in the early evenings when I am in the hotel, the noise from a plane is loud but it lasts only for seconds, and not annoying. Air Con in inclusive at no extra charge with glass doors over the french shutters which were effective in blocking off any external noise. A small fridge is also provided at no costs. Beds are firm but I like firm mattresses.

I chose not to use the beach nearest the hotel as it is even nearer to the end of the runway, but Avithos beach the opposite direction is just great.

The Hotel is huge and sparsely decorated with furniture and looks empty and awkward, and a little old fashion. But decent enough room and very well cleaned daily. I found the staff to be polite and helpful at all times.

Breakfast is the same each morning and quite poor, although I appreciate the fresh brown bread and rolls on offer.

Would I stay here again?....Yes.

And the rest.....

Savronata is very remote with nothing around. There are 2 tavernas and a mini market 20 mins walk away, and Avithos Beach another further 20 mins. It is a long walk when hot but a breeze on the way back when the sun is setting. I favour the Muses taverna(abit better style and flavour) to the Acropolis (big portions but bland). I really liked the Preview taverna by Avithos Beach with great view of the sea - nicely presented with some style and quality to the nicely cooked meals.

You will need a car for a few days but there is quite a lot nearby so Savronata is a good base. Argostoli (very small with one shopping street only - I went there on the one rainy day) is 25 mins one direction, Skala is about 30/40 mins the opposite direction with a long beach. Mount Aenos provided a great walk and fresh air and great views. Poros is boring and Lassi is very developed as a resort.

I stayed in Assos north of the island 10 years ago so I visited old haunts. Fiskardo is as beautiful as before but no more nice shops like before - just shops with tacky souvenirs. Assos has more cafes and tavernas and more built up now with new path to the fort, but still very nice. A good place to stay in, to take in the slow pace and beauty of the cove but can't truly appreciate on a day trip. Mythos Beach is no longer the completely beautiful white stones beach as before. Souvenir collecting of stones by visitors have robbed the beach of its beauty. One side of the beach is still completely covered in stones, and the sea is still very blue. Still an amazing beach to be in and stayed till as late as possible, I did.

I enjoyed Melisanna lake first time round and worth a visit. There is a day trip to Ithaka available which may have been very interesting. Next time!

Room Tip: Ask for a Sea facing room.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Sunworshipper003
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2011

This will be our 23rd year staying at the Irinna Hotel, sometimes one week, two weeks, and four weeks at a time. Why? We all have different reasons for what makes a holiday special. The Irinna simply ticks all the right boxes. A family owned hotel where a friendy welcome awaits everyone (quite often from the owner Soula with her lovely friendly smile!). This applies to all the staff, all pleasant and charming people. Good quality food either from the buffet or the A la Carte. There is also a basic breakfast menu. It has a lovely air conditioned bar, well stocked (reccommend the G & T's!), for that special treat sit on the balcony at night and just watch the sun go down after a hectic day on the beach/by the pool-superb! I suppose with any hotel one could find fault, the Irinna is no different.
Certainly the bathrooms need modernising-keep a grip on that hand held shower otherwise you could do yourself some damage!-and the baths were created for the smaller person!!! But hey! the waters' hot/cold depending on your preference-its a case of finding the right balance. The rooms are plain but are cleaned every day; clean towels every day; bedding changed every other day; bathroom cleaned every day. The Irinna boasts a terrific swimming pool-huge and a small kiddies pool, The Grandchildren are quite happy to play by the pool all day, just now and then we get them to go to the beach! One of our favourite pastimes and that of our friends & family is meeting up at the pool bar late in the afternoon for ouzos & sprite with plenty of ice-heaven!
You enjoy table tennis? me and my buddy have many a laugh/and games playing on the rickerty table. Also boast a great basket ball area with very pleasant grounds.The Irinna has a superb reception area, perfect for waiting for guests/family/friends. We have made many wonderful friends over the years, who, like us go to the Irinna every year-the hotel must be doing something right! Can't wait for next year, all our family are planning to go (18) as will two other families.
The Irinna hotel is situated in Svoronata, a lovely rural area with three fine beaches and resteruants nearby. It is only 15 minutes from the airport so expect air traffic noise-though we've found it more of novelty rather than a hindrence.
Though we've visited a number of countries/hotels over the years this is the first time I've bothered to do a review-the main reason being the Irinna Hotel is only one of a few genuine family run hotels that just happens to care enough about you and your holiday. If this sounds like a marketing exercise so be it, My family, other families and friends just love the place. Ernie Holland & family, Manchester, UK

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
9 Thank ernie187069
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I lost my flight and I had the fortune to stay at Irinna Hotel, which is near the airport. I especially noticed the politeness of the staff, the excellent service, the fascilities (big parking, place for kids, place for volley-ball, large swimming pool, bar, internet) and the super delicious food!!!!
I also enjoyed a wonderful swim at Ammes beach, Ai Helis and Spasmata, about 800 metres away of the Hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
8 Thank EFI D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Svoronata
Terra Mare Hotel
#58 of 140 in Cephalonia
Cephalonia Palace Hotel
Cephalonia Palace Hotel
#8 of 11 in Lixouri

Been to Irinna Hotel? Share your experiences!