“A Night Out in lovely surroundings.”
Review of Acropolis

Acropolis
Ranked #9 of 21 Restaurants in Svoronata
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a night out from our usual venue. it is a beautifully set up venue. A place that makes you feel special.

The starters were excellent and i could have settled for them and the lovely wine we had with them

I had a Sole with a seafood sauce for main which I enjoyed. Two of my companions had the Sea Bass which they wanted filleted and this was presented professional and both said they enjoyed it. The fourth person in our group went for the Moussaka and was very disappointed and sent it back. Whether she was unfortunate or not I cannot say but I did enjoy my meal and the lovely surroundings.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Could not fault any part of this taverna from the welcome to the service to the food to the price. Great

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While in Svoronata we wanted to eat at as many places as possible, this place was the second to last in 10 days eating on Kefalonia and we didn't have a good experience. It's a lovely looking place, albeit on the road and the welcome was very good, at this point there was hardly anyone there, later the service went downhill due to return customers getting 'the treatment' and the waiters running down to the front to get people in whenever anyone was passing. We sat 20 minutes with dirty plates and had to ask twice for the bill. At this stage of the holiday I was going for small plates of starters so we shared some hummus to go with the standard basket of bread, by this time we'd eaten a lot of hummus and this was the worst, lacking (maybe little or no tahini and lemon,not sure just a bit bland). Then I had the soup, poor show for 4.50€, an inch of bland, blended soup in the bottom of a small dish and another instantly forgettable dish. My husband had the beef stifado, 4 cubes of dry beef and as many whole small onions in a little boring tomato based thin sauce with a spoonful of, he thought frozen rice with a few peas and a few frozen chips. Judging by other reviews we may have ordered the wrong stuff but I can only go on what we had.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great little Greek place - had a late dinner and there there about 12 other diners finishing.
We where not rushed by the excellent friendly service .
We had cheese pie starter - lovely home made feta and pastry then moussaka which was delicious served with salad and a few fresh oregano potatoes and salad and my fiancée had a simple spaghetti Neapolitan - delicious fresh sauce .
We are returning for the Greek night on Friday .......

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This restaurant has a lovely look to it and the food we had was very nice. There have a greek night on Friday nights and entertainment on some other nights too. Good food. Good prices. Good service.