“lovely and relaxed lunch”

St Peter’s Hall & Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 30 Restaurants in Bungay
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband suggested the brewery for a lunchtime treat. We had been putting the visit off as we thought it would be quite expensive. What a gorgeous building! We were warmly welcomed and seated quickly. We chose 2 courses for £10. We chose sticky chicken wings which were generous portion and pollack and chips and beef in ale pie. We were soon served with our meals and they were both lovely and reasonably portioned. They hold a fish night and a steak night.The only minus for me was that you could have a starter and main but I would have liked the option of dessert instead of starter. I loved the ambience and the surroundings and cannot wait to return.

There are newer reviews for St Peter’s Hall & Restaurant

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Spent the weekend in South Norfolk visiting friends and wanted to go out for a meal with a difference. One quick phone call and we had managed to secure a table for four at very short notice.

St. Peter's Brewery is somewhat off the beaten track and when you finally arrive, the drive along the winding lanes is well worth the effort. We were seated in the Medieval Hall and found that the menu caters for most tastes with some unusual twists on the norm. I had the smoked sprats as a starter and they were simply delicious. It was also nice to sample some of the Real Ales brewed by St. Peter's instead of drinking wine with the meal, so much so that I was pleased to find that Asda stock a couple of varieties back in London.

Would I go back again, most definitely.

1  Thank Barrie S
Reviewed 1 October 2013

It is a little known fact that some restaurants do not change their cooking oil at the prescribed time. St Peter's chips and fried fish reflect their chef's rigorous attention to detail, they taste delicious - the oil is very fresh and clean. Some restaurants fry in "old" oil which contains food particles and burn bits - I know I have had some poor experiences. Good food and overall a very good experience. There was a slight glitch with the bill, but the manager sorted out immediately. I can heartily recommend.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Booked the private dining room for a friends 50th birthday, only an extra £20.My wife visited the day before and was given full access to decorate the staircase and room. On the evening, our friends were captivated by the style and magnificence of the venue.Service was outstanding, Stewart, the boss was super, nothing was too much trouble. Food, excellent.
In all if you want an outstanding evening, this is the place to go.

1  Thank SuffolkBunty
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We've been visiting the imposing medieval St Peter's Hall and the adjacent brewery for some years now. There is a choice of dining in the small bar at the rear of the building or in the magnificent hall, which is hung with tapestries and furnished in something of an ecclesiastical style - very impressive. We popped in for a light lunch, and were not disappointed as they were offering two courses for £10. We both had a tasty Binham Blue (cheese), bacon & avocado salad, then I opted for a stuffed pepper with couscous and my husband had smoked haddock in a mustard sauce with mashed potato. Portions were sufficiently large to prevent us from forcing down a pudding afterwards, which was a shame as there were some perennial favourites like Sticky Toffee Pudding and local artisan ice cream on offer. Never mind, there will be a next time! The full range of St Peter's Ales are available by the bottle, and some are available on draught. All in all, a lunchtime well spent, though it would have been better with more people dining in the great hall instead of the small bar. The only drawback? Rather cool - take a cardy!

1  Thank Cardvarnish