“Will never return” 2 of 5 bubbles

St Peter’s Hall & Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 31 Restaurants in Bungay
Cuisines: Asian, British, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Will never return”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We booked for a Saturday night and expected to wait a while to be served. It was a good half hour after being seated that we were offered drinks. We were offered menus and it was then another 30 minutes or so until a rather unfriendly chap with the personality of a cricket bat, came to take our order. Again, a longer than reasonable wait for the starters to arrive. Moving on to the main courses, my husband ordered 'a trio of fish', when it arrived there appeared to be three mouthfuls of overcooked fish on th plate extremely poorly presented. We are by no means 'big eater's', but the portion sizes are laughable. One piece of advice for the staff of this establishment is be nice and friendly to customers. They pay your wages. I know that it's a chore to serve us customers but hey its your job, especially Mr cricket bat! Obviously will never return.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cherylhoody

Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“Valentine Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I booked this evening as a surprise for my husband and we were not disappointed, when we arrived we were offered the choice of a pre dinner drink at the bar or being taken to our table we choose the later and what a treat our table was next to the wood burner. There was soft back ground music playing throughout the evening which was not intrusive at all. They were very busy this evening however the service we received was excellent and the staff were very attentive ensuring our evening was special. The food was excellent we choose Brancaster muscles as our starter and we were not disappointed followed by medallion of beef this was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth. My husband finished his meal with the cheese board which offed a great choice and very good sized portions of the differing cheeses. We came away at the end of the evening feeling that it had been a special night for us both. Great venue fantastic food and attentive staff what more could one wish for.

• Visited February 2014
Beccles, United Kingdom
“Location location”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Party of us went for Sunday lunch
Wide age range from old to young. On arrival one cannot be les than impressed with the stunning location it was a sunny day so we were able to sit outside for a pre lunch drink by the moat
Having ordered we were shown into the main hall
I should have smelt a rat when the waitress handed my 8 yr old grandson a hot plate no permanent damage done we pressed on
The roast was beef which was overcooked and average at best other meals included fish and chips scampi and a very dry beef and ale pie
For desert three of us ordered cheese a few minutes later we were told they only had one portion how can you run out of cheese at 1pm on a Sunday
When the one portion arrived it was missing about half the cheese on the menu
In conclusion this place could be superb but the food and staff let it down
Very poorly run restaurant

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank junkie775
London, England
“Interesting venue, food overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We visited for Saturday lunch in Late December and ate in the hall. Unfortunately the dishes and deals mentioned on here were not on the menu we were offered and although it was a very atmospheric place to eat, the food itself was overpriced and the quantity (at least of mine) was positively miserly. Others in the group had larger portions and the chips looked nice but I guess you are paying for the venue, which was a bit cold and draughty too.

Save it for a summer visit.

• Visited December 2013
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Don't even bother calling”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

My review is based on the terrible customer service i have just received whilst trying to discuss the possiblity of a wedding reception at St. Peter's Hall, as recommended by a friend who held hers there and speaks highly of them. I havent visited and so cannot comment on the food etc.

I initlally left 2 phone messages and 1 email over 3 days: no reply.

I called today and was put through to a gentleman who showed absolutely no interest in my queries 'especially at a busy lunchtime'. I explained that the wedding section on their website has no information and says that we must call for further information. He said that they are concentrating more on the restaurant and not so interested in expanding the wedding side, but if
i met up with him they could perhaps accommodate something, but if i wasnt sure what i wanted, he couldnt help me. I said i hadnt been married before, hence was calling for advice and a discussion about what they could offer. He couldnt offer even a rough estimate per head for a sit down dinner. He was rude and couldnt be any less interested. I will take my business to someone who actually cares a little. Such disappointing service for what i was told is a great site.

• Visited December 2013