“Best restaurant in Suffolk”
Review of The Olive Tree

The Olive Tree
Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in Bungay
Price range: US$20 - US$53
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2015

Second visit to this fantastic restaurant. Staff are always cheerful and helpful. The food is out of this world-. The home made deserts are to die for. Again the ice cream my husband had was perfect and my panna cotta was the best in the world. Will definitely be going back again soon. Well done everyone and a big thank you.

1  Thank Caroline M

Reviewed 11 July 2015

Couldn't fault it if I wanted too! Over a year since our last visit and I am ashamed I don't visit more often. From the started to the coffee it was all just perfect,. money well spent!

1  Thank Dee C
Reviewed 9 July 2015

I had visited the restaurant before - its the closest one to us. Previous experiences were mixed. However it professes to be authentic Italian and the owner is, I believe Italian.
Tested the Pizza's! Excellent, the best we have tasted outside of Italy - so that is a compliment.
They also make their own bread which they sell - very good. You can go just for a drink too, but once you smell the food.....!

1  Thank petermack2011
Reviewed 14 June 2015

Traveled around the world and this is by far the best I have eaten in. Have been going to Norfolk for 42 years and first time at this restaurant Rafi so happy in his work can hear him singing in the kitchen. His wife and staff were fantastic never been so happy to be eating in such a friendly atmosphere. Food was excellent, Home made ice cream and the best pannacota I have ever tasted and was even given the recipe. Wow great.

1  Thank Caroline M
Reviewed 23 May 2015

The most welcoming , relaxed family restaurant with very high standards of service and exquisite freshly cooked food. Gail is the perfect host and Rafe consistently cooks amazing dish after dish in the kitchen. If you love Italy and particularly southern Italy you will love the food served here. The pigeon salad is divine and the Crab linguine is so intense in flavour and yet so fresh in its preparation. Perfect!
Always our favourite place to eat...... Whether it be with our children as Gail and Rafe embrace family dining and our kids just love to eat here , with family or friends for a celebration or just the two of us!