“Ever so much more Excited now” 4 of 5 bubbles

St. Peter's Hall
Ranked #22 of 31 Restaurants in Bungay
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: St. Peter's Hall is situated adjacent to the World Famous St. Peter's Brewery. The restaurant and bar are in an iconic, romantic and beautiful half moated medieval Hall dating back to 1280.
Lowestoft, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ever so much more Excited now”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

I fell in Love with St peters Hall and its surroundings, whilst searching for my wedding venue, When we finally got to visit, it was a winner hands down just for its beauty. Having yet to try the cusine, We took my mum out for her birthday lunch, and oh what a lovely day for it. 4th July, flowers were blooming and sun was shining, we were welcomed in and their were freshly picked wild flowers on the tables, the food was cooked quickly and was a complete delight, We made use of the 2 courses for £10 offer and all had a bit of everyone elses it was just so yummy. I cannot wait for my wedding breakfast now, I am extremely confident in the menu and the chef to make my day very special.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank N_Cooper_13

Norwich, United Kingdom
“SUPERB MEAL IN STUNNING SURROUNDINGS AT A VERY AFFORDABLE PRICE - A GREAT EXPERIENCE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Yesterday evening my husband and I dined, for the first time - but definitely not the last, at the beautiful St Peter's Hall Restaurant, South Elmham, near Bungay.

On arrival we were greeted by charming members of staff. After enjoying our first drinks sitting outside in the glorious Suffolk evening sunshine, we were seated in the Great Hall in this most attractive 13th Century building - so were able to admire the stunning architecture and furnishings whilst also enjoying our meal.

We both opted for the Friday night "Steak Night" menu. The very generously sized rump steaks were cooked to perfection and accompanied by delicious chips, large mushroom, grilled tomato and salad. It was delicious!!

We were definitely spoiled for choice with the "Home Made Desserts" menu but after much deliberation my husband opted for the sticky toffee pudding with locally made vanilla ice cream and I chose the chocolate brownie with stem ginger ice cream (again locally made). Two great desserts and again very generous portions!! The service at table was excellent and the whole "St Peter's experience" was fantastic. We shall definitely return and very soon too - I hope!!

In all - a superb meal, in beautiful surroundings at a very affordable price. A great experience!!

• Visited July 2013
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

We visited this restaurant for lunch last Saturday 22nd of June . I made the booking on line and found it a very friendly process . The table was only for the wife and myself but upon arrival we were welcomed and taken straight to our table where we were offered drinks . The most interesting thing about this place is the St.Peters Brewery is right next door and offers the range of drinks which they brew on site . I decided on the English Lager and my better half tried the grapefruit beer . We both decided they were very good and a second glass was ordered . The starters ooked very good but instead we moved straight to the main course for me the St Peters burger topped with cheddar and the better half going for the pan fried plaice and saffron pots. Both plates were quickly cleared and I liked the way the chips were served with the burger in a large tea mug good touch .Just room for a dessert for both of us strawberry cheesecake & Rich chocolate pot . Can recommend prices very reasonable and a lovely country drive to reach this wonderful eating place . We have decided on our next visit to try the Friday night steak night looking forward to it already .

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable Fathers Day meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

I visited with a party if 5 on a Sunday and had an early lunch. The meals were a reasonable cost, staff friendly and beautiful surroundings. We all enjoyed our meals - delicious desserts - although the cheese board could have had a bit more fruit with it. It's a bit difficult to find but well worth the trip - and the brewery shop next door has good deals on the beer.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Dining at its best...exquisite.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to St Peter's Hall. On this occasion I was pleased to take my parents along to also sample the excellent dining experience on offer. No one was disappointed. The welcome was very warm; the food exquisite and the service exceptional. I cannot rate it high enough. Thank you; I look forward to coming again.

1 Thank Suffolk-dolls