“Murder Mystery Night” 5 of 5 bubbles

St. Peter's Hall
Ranked #22 of 31 Restaurants in Bungay
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: St. Peter's Hall is situated adjacent to the World Famous St. Peter's Brewery. The restaurant and bar are in an iconic, romantic and beautiful half moated medieval Hall dating back to 1280.
Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Murder Mystery Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

This was a really excellent evening. The entertainment was provided by WhatIf? Theatre Productions and they are to be applauded for their performance.
The food. Well, it was delicious and of a very high standard. Portions are certainly not scrimped on, and I was a bit disappointed that I had to leave some of my main to ensure I had room for my pud!
Stuart and his team are to be commended for the exceptional restaurant they are running.
Oh, and have recommended a family friend hold their wedding there too - the building and location are just stunning.
Just waiting for the confirmed date for the next Murder Mystery Night!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Florrie_w_12

Bungay, United Kingdom
“midday treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

warm welcome and seated quickly. Lovely starter and main. My hubby ate pollock which was tasty and i had beef and ale pie, Delicious, My only downside was that I would have preferred to choose between a starter or a dessert for £10 for two courses. The surroundings were amazing. I will be back.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Stuart C, Manager at St. Peter's Hall, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to St Peter's Hall. I apologise for the delay in responding, it is due to the fact that I have only just been set up to be able to reply.

I am glad you enjoyed the Light Lunch Menu but were disappointed that you were not made aware that you could choose between; Starter & Main or Main and Dessert. As a result of your invaluable review the menu has been updated so this is now clearer to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

With kind regards
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great night for a Murder!! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

The evening was a Murder Mystery evening - I was uncertain about this however my wife booked the tickets so I was going - our meal was - a prawn and crayfish tail salad, for the main event I had tender braised steak in a rich bordelaise sauce with herb dumplings, my wife having chicken breast with a fresh tarragon, mushroom and chestnut sauce all served with fresh veg and a choice of new pots or chips, pudding was double choc cheese cake and champagne and raspberry jelly with cream & shortbread. The murder mystery experience was provided by What If productions, the whole evening was fantastic from the moment we arrived until the very end. Great Food, Great Entertainment and Great Service an evening I would not have missed and will be looking forward to the next one - we will be returning in the very near future to discover more tasty treats on the menu :)

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank SilverFox477
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“One place to visit again and again - and we will :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

This was our first visit to St Peters Hall and we were not disappointed, I had the swordfish with prawn and a caper butter sauce with salad leaves and chips and my husband had pollock in a beer batter with chips and peas both meals were of the highest standard and the service was excellent The night we were there a local band called Bedwood was playing in the background which enhanced our evening greatly. The Hall it's self was a unique venue the staff were both friendly and efficient.. Looking forward to our next visit on the 2nd November 'murder mystery' with great excitement :)

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Fabulous, just fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

A historical Hall with original features, beautiful locally sourced food and great service. What more is there to say?!
Fabulous, just fabulous!