“Thoroughly enjoyed our Light Lunch (any 2 courses for £10) with friends at this fantastic and historic hall”
Review of St. Peter's Hall

St. Peter's Hall
Ranked #21 of 30 Restaurants in Bungay
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: St. Peter's Hall is situated adjacent to the World Famous St. Peter's Brewery. The restaurant and bar are in an iconic, romantic and beautiful half moated medieval Hall dating back to 1280.
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Together with friends we enjoyed a midweek light lunch here at this picturesque hall. As always the choice on the Light Lunch Menu - any 2 courses for £10 - was very varied - and we were all spoiled for choice! The service was warm and friendly and the food beautifully presented and delicious - and plenty of it! This is a lovely relaxing place to eat and drink - we could barely drag ourselves away from the log fire when it was time to go home! It is without doubt my most favourite restaurant in East Anglia. I recommend it unreservedly - come along - believe me you will be impressed and delighted!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Stuart C, Manager at St. Peter's Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for such a complimentary review. I am glad you enjoyed your St Peter's Hall experience.

The log fire awaits your next visit.

With kind regards

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We visited here for our 12th Wedding Anni just before Christmas. Usually we tend to go elsewhere in the UK for a night or two but this time we wanted to stay local.

Anyway, we arrived a few mins before our booked time and were promptly ushered in to the bar area where we got some drinks and were given menus to peruse.

After about 10 minutes we gave our food order and were then seated in the dining hall. Woe, what an impressive room!

For starter, the wife had pate. She said it was simply delicious. She couldn't fault it at all. I didn't have a starter because I'm more of a pudding person so I wanted to make sure I left room!

For the main, I had the steak and ale pie and this was very nice. The pie came with some seasonal vegetables which too were nice. The only gripe I would have is that I would have liked a little more pie. It wasn't small, just that it was so tasty I wanted a few more mouth fulls!!!!

The wife opted for the beer battered haddock and I have to say that portion of fish on her plate was one biggest I have every seen, It was served with home made chips and a good dollop of mushy peas. She could only manage 1/2 of the fish and chips as there was just too much for her, but what she did eat she thoroughly enjoyed. I had a taste too and it was very very nice!

For pudding I had the sticky toffee pudding with ice cream and that was just divine!

The services was very good and non intrusive. ie: you hardly knew they were there and yet the plates got cleared and we always had drinks! :)

As for price, it was a bargain and I think I paid about £55 for the lot. In fact I drove home thinking I mustn't have paid for something but my wife assured me I had paid for everything and it's just that the prices weren't astronomical like some of the places around here!

Excellent work St Peters staff!!!!

Stuart C, Manager at St. Peter's Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you taking the time to review St Peter's Hall. I am glad you enjoyed your visit. I hope I get the opportunity to welcome you to St Peter's again soon. Kind regards

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We were celebrating a friend's birthday and the four of us thoroughly enjoyed our lunch in the historic Great Hall. A superb choice of meals was available from the Menu. We could choose to have a Starter and Main Course or Main and Dessert. The food was cooked to perfection and beautifully presented as always. What wonderful value for money too.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This was a really excellent evening. The entertainment was provided by WhatIf? Theatre Productions and they are to be applauded for their performance.
The food. Well, it was delicious and of a very high standard. Portions are certainly not scrimped on, and I was a bit disappointed that I had to leave some of my main to ensure I had room for my pud!
Stuart and his team are to be commended for the exceptional restaurant they are running.
Oh, and have recommended a family friend hold their wedding there too - the building and location are just stunning.
Just waiting for the confirmed date for the next Murder Mystery Night!

1  Thank Florrie_w_12
Reviewed 3 November 2013

warm welcome and seated quickly. Lovely starter and main. My hubby ate pollock which was tasty and i had beef and ale pie, Delicious, My only downside was that I would have preferred to choose between a starter or a dessert for £10 for two courses. The surroundings were amazing. I will be back.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to St Peter's Hall. I apologise for the delay in responding, it is due to the fact that I have only just been set up to be able to reply.

I am glad you enjoyed the Light Lunch Menu but were disappointed that you were not made aware that you could choose between; Starter & Main or Main and Dessert. As a result of your invaluable review the menu has been updated so this is now clearer to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

With kind regards