“Nearly 5 out of 5”
Review of St. Peter's Hall

St. Peter's Hall
Ranked #24 of 30 Restaurants in Bungay
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: St. Peter's Hall is situated adjacent to the World Famous St. Peter's Brewery. The restaurant and bar are in an iconic, romantic and beautiful half moated medieval Hall dating back to 1280.
Suffolk
“Nearly 5 out of 5”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My husband and I went for a meal last night to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary.
Its a beautiful place and we enjoyed our starter and main course, but unfortunately the dessert let it down. My husband had the cheese board priced £6.95, he was very disappointed with it. I had the marshmallow brownie with ice cream, the brownie was nowhere as good as all the other brownies I have tried (and I've tried a lot).
I certainly would go back to try other things off the main menu, but I'd probably skip dessert.
Their chips are some of the nicest I've had in a restaurant. I don't usually have chips, but I saw some being served to another customer and they looked so good I just had to try them.
I would recommend St Peters Hall to others, and we certainly will be going back again. Next time I think we will try lunch, as it would be nice to see it in daylight.

• Visited February 2014

Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“Lunch with family and friends”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We took our sister-in-law Barbara out to lunch with friends on the 3rd of January, this was her first visit to St Peters Hall, She found the setting and the Restaurant absolutely 'wonderful' We were spoilt for choice when looking at the menu. Barbara was in raptures when served her Cod and Chips - She enjoyed every mouthful and stated that these were the best fish and chips she had ever tasted :). The service was welcoming and attentive, the pace of the meal was 'just right' we were not rushed in any way. I would highly recommend St Peters Hall for any occasion. Looking forward to out next visit

• Visited January 2014
Stuart C, Manager at St. Peter's Hall, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review us. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your lunch with family and friends. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

with kind regards
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Thoroughly enjoyed our Light Lunch (any 2 courses for £10) with friends at this fantastic and historic hall”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Together with friends we enjoyed a midweek light lunch here at this picturesque hall. As always the choice on the Light Lunch Menu - any 2 courses for £10 - was very varied - and we were all spoiled for choice! The service was warm and friendly and the food beautifully presented and delicious - and plenty of it! This is a lovely relaxing place to eat and drink - we could barely drag ourselves away from the log fire when it was time to go home! It is without doubt my most favourite restaurant in East Anglia. I recommend it unreservedly - come along - believe me you will be impressed and delighted!

• Visited January 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Dear Guest

Thank you for such a complimentary review. I am glad you enjoyed your St Peter's Hall experience.

The log fire awaits your next visit.

With kind regards
Bungay, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, great service and both in a beautiful setting”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We visited here for our 12th Wedding Anni just before Christmas. Usually we tend to go elsewhere in the UK for a night or two but this time we wanted to stay local.

Anyway, we arrived a few mins before our booked time and were promptly ushered in to the bar area where we got some drinks and were given menus to peruse.

After about 10 minutes we gave our food order and were then seated in the dining hall. Woe, what an impressive room!

For starter, the wife had pate. She said it was simply delicious. She couldn't fault it at all. I didn't have a starter because I'm more of a pudding person so I wanted to make sure I left room!

For the main, I had the steak and ale pie and this was very nice. The pie came with some seasonal vegetables which too were nice. The only gripe I would have is that I would have liked a little more pie. It wasn't small, just that it was so tasty I wanted a few more mouth fulls!!!!

The wife opted for the beer battered haddock and I have to say that portion of fish on her plate was one biggest I have every seen, It was served with home made chips and a good dollop of mushy peas. She could only manage 1/2 of the fish and chips as there was just too much for her, but what she did eat she thoroughly enjoyed. I had a taste too and it was very very nice!

For pudding I had the sticky toffee pudding with ice cream and that was just divine!

The services was very good and non intrusive. ie: you hardly knew they were there and yet the plates got cleared and we always had drinks! :)

As for price, it was a bargain and I think I paid about £55 for the lot. In fact I drove home thinking I mustn't have paid for something but my wife assured me I had paid for everything and it's just that the prices weren't astronomical like some of the places around here!

Excellent work St Peters staff!!!!

• Visited December 2013
Stuart C, Manager at St. Peter's Hall, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you taking the time to review St Peter's Hall. I am glad you enjoyed your visit. I hope I get the opportunity to welcome you to St Peter's again soon. Kind regards
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Two Course Lunch for £10 - Fantastic Meal - Exceptional Value for Money - Wonderful Venue”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We were celebrating a friend's birthday and the four of us thoroughly enjoyed our lunch in the historic Great Hall. A superb choice of meals was available from the Menu. We could choose to have a Starter and Main Course or Main and Dessert. The food was cooked to perfection and beautifully presented as always. What wonderful value for money too.

• Visited November 2013