“Family lunch for 6” 4 of 5 bubbles

St. Peter's Hall
Ranked #22 of 31 Restaurants in Bungay
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: St. Peter's Hall is situated adjacent to the World Famous St. Peter's Brewery. The restaurant and bar are in an iconic, romantic and beautiful half moated medieval Hall dating back to 1280.
Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family lunch for 6”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We all enjoyed our meals. The white bait starter and a main course of steak and peppercorn sauce which were particularly good as was the confit of duck with noodles. Sadly had to go home for birthday cake and miss the puddings. Classical music or non at all would be better. Roger Stretton

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Roger S

Bungay, United Kingdom
“reply from st. peters hall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

st. peters have replied saying that they have reviewed the menu to makes choices clearer. Well done for listening and after telling others what a good meal it is they have since visited and have been most pleased. Keep up the good work St. Peters and thankyou for your attention to your customers.

• Visited November 2013
Suffolk
“Nearly 5 out of 5”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

My husband and I went for a meal last night to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary.
Its a beautiful place and we enjoyed our starter and main course, but unfortunately the dessert let it down. My husband had the cheese board priced £6.95, he was very disappointed with it. I had the marshmallow brownie with ice cream, the brownie was nowhere as good as all the other brownies I have tried (and I've tried a lot).
I certainly would go back to try other things off the main menu, but I'd probably skip dessert.
Their chips are some of the nicest I've had in a restaurant. I don't usually have chips, but I saw some being served to another customer and they looked so good I just had to try them.
I would recommend St Peters Hall to others, and we certainly will be going back again. Next time I think we will try lunch, as it would be nice to see it in daylight.

• Visited February 2014
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“Lunch with family and friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We took our sister-in-law Barbara out to lunch with friends on the 3rd of January, this was her first visit to St Peters Hall, She found the setting and the Restaurant absolutely 'wonderful' We were spoilt for choice when looking at the menu. Barbara was in raptures when served her Cod and Chips - She enjoyed every mouthful and stated that these were the best fish and chips she had ever tasted :). The service was welcoming and attentive, the pace of the meal was 'just right' we were not rushed in any way. I would highly recommend St Peters Hall for any occasion. Looking forward to out next visit

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stuart C, Manager at St. Peter's Hall, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review us. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your lunch with family and friends. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

with kind regards
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Thoroughly enjoyed our Light Lunch (any 2 courses for £10) with friends at this fantastic and historic hall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Together with friends we enjoyed a midweek light lunch here at this picturesque hall. As always the choice on the Light Lunch Menu - any 2 courses for £10 - was very varied - and we were all spoiled for choice! The service was warm and friendly and the food beautifully presented and delicious - and plenty of it! This is a lovely relaxing place to eat and drink - we could barely drag ourselves away from the log fire when it was time to go home! It is without doubt my most favourite restaurant in East Anglia. I recommend it unreservedly - come along - believe me you will be impressed and delighted!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Dear Guest

Thank you for such a complimentary review. I am glad you enjoyed your St Peter's Hall experience.

The log fire awaits your next visit.

With kind regards