“Superb staff, nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ambienthotels Panoramic

Ambienthotels Panoramic
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Viserba
London, England, United Kingdom
“Superb staff, nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed at the Panoramic for three nights on business - I'll leave other people to comment on family-friendliness of the beaches, I was there by myself. On the first day I had the nightmare journey from hell - a cancelled train meant a missed aeroplane and then there were no trains to Rimini; let's just say it was horrible, and when this was communicated to the staff they prepared a selection of cold meats, rolls and fruit so I had something when I arrived extremely late. I really, really appreciated this as it's not a service they usually offer. Before they brought it up to my room they called to check whether I wanted some wine as well, which I hadn't thought to order. Presentation was excellent and I was immediately struck by how helpful they were - not for the last time. I was so tired I didn't give a tip - I still feel bad about that.

The room itself was compact and perfectly fine. There was a TV I didn't use, a pretty much luxury bathroom, good shower and ample toiletries for my needs. Cleaning services were efficient every day. A kettle would have been good as I do like to be able to make tea and coffee - commonplace in some establishments, but maybe not an Italian thing as they don't have coffee in the same way we do elsewhere.

Breakfast was buffet style with toast, pastries, meats, fruits - something hot might have been nice but it was OK. Once again, the staff were welcoming.

In the evening - possibly just for our conference - there was complimentary wine and snacks, which was a nice touch. The lobby was comfortable and there was a good atmosphere - the staff were very relaxed (or so they appeared - I noticed the plates were kept full and nobody had to wait for their drinks so maybe 'relaxed' isn't right, they were working very hard).

On the last day I had some time to go and look into Rimini. The staff made sure I had a map, marked with the hotel and its address, and fixed me up with a taxi to the main street and instructions on where I'd find a taxi back. It looked as though it might rain so they offered an umbrella - all of this without being asked. They gave the driver his instructions so I didn't have to try my non-existent Italian. Later they organised a taxi to the station for me; once again they briefed the driver in Italian, told me the cab was on them and wished me "bon voyage" (the taxi driver also thanked me in French - I assume this is because I'm much better dressed than they expect English people to be!)

So I didn't see much of the seaside although I did notice play areas every five minutes for small children; the hotel and facilities were perfectly OK for my needs but above all I would recommend this staff to anyone. They were among the best I've stayed with.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Guy C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Brescia, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I've been there for a conference in Rimini, I had a super nice experience at Ambienthotel Panoramic. The staff is very kind and always ready to help you, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the breakfast is sooo good! ;)
Plus the offer a nice wellcome aperitivo!!
Thank you!
see you soon next event!
Giordana

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank misschicchi
Jönköping
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

We have had our summer vacations at Panoramic for several years. We really like the hotel and the atmosphere. The staff are exceptional, very friendly and helpful. The food in their restaurant are delicious.
Visiting Panoramic is almost like coming home.
Thanks Antonio and all of your staff!!

Porsgrunn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

Four nights on a hotel with good service, clean rooms, quit and comfortable beds. We liked it here. The staff made us feel like royalties and special guests. Thank you for four wonderful days at your hotel. We hope to come back one day.

2 Thank opas2005
Vilnius
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

We are just back from our vacations in Rimini. The location of the hotel is perfect. The sea is across the street and the water is shallow which is perfect for small kids. I was travelling with small kids (4 years, 3 years and 6 month baby). During the night the main street is closed for vehicles which is very nice to go for a walk after an excellent dinner. Also, the bus stop is just steps from the hotel.

The food was excellent and varied except for breakfast which was a little bit repetitive, but still was good and had several choices so you really do not need to eat the same every day for breakfast.

The room was clean, nice decorated and big enough to accommodate all 5 people (3 kids 2 adults). We had a balcony with view to the sea which my kids enjoyed playing there and us enjoyed the view. The room came with CD player and TV. I couldn't find any English TV station, but I didn't go through all TV stations so might be one but really who goes on vacation to watch TV?

There is a free high speed internet available for free with the only hassle that you need to ask for a new password if you need to use it for longer than an hour at the time, but I don't know if you need to ask for a new password if you keep logged on as I didn't use it that long.

Last, but not least, I was impressed by the friendliness of the staff. The staff was very helpful every time that we had a question or asked for directions. The administrator even drove us on our final day to the train station and made sure that we had breakfast even before the restaurant was open.

Definitely, I recommend Panoramic if you are travelling with family, small kids or even by yourself.

3 Thank jvirizarry
France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

I stayed at the Panoramic hotel for 5 nights in early November for a conference at the expo center. I travelled with 5 other co-workers. The hotel is charming from the outside even if it is not much to look at. The decoration both in and out was very pleasant. The hotel sits right across the street from the sea and is an ideal location for easy access to the water or beach.

Upon arrival, check-in took only 5 minutes and i was escorted to my room by the receptionist. That is the first time anyone has ever escorted me to my room in a 4star or less hotel. The reception person made sure i understood where everything was in the room and if i had any questions. GREAT customer service!

My room was clean, fresh, and had a view of the sea. A nice balcony and very modern decor. The room was small but for one person it was plenty of space. The bathroom was huge. There was a CD player in my room with a CD of relaxing music provided by the hotel. Speaker system also in the bathroom. I played the CD each evening once i returned to my room. It was little things like this that really provided a service that most hotels never provide.

Noise outside the room was a minimum. You heard the occasional talking through a wall or in the hallway when someone walked by but nothing was ever too noisy. I slept each evening without waking up from any distractions. The bed was excellent.

Breakfast was provided and the buffet on the first floor was always good even if it was always the same. Great pastries and coffee. There was also ham and cereal, toast, fruit, and an assortment of cakes. It was always enough to get you going with your day.

The evening was the best. Once we returned from the expo center there was a (free) buffet of small food (appetizers) waiting at the bar. There was so many types of food to sample and it never ran out that it was hard to go out for dinner afterwards on account of all i had eaten at the bar. Plus, free house wine that you could serve yourself from a barrel. Plus excellent cappuccinos and lattes served at the bar for a small price. After a long day of work you could not wait to return to this hotel to relax and be taken care of. It really was that good.

At the end of the expo my team and i stayed one extra night at the hotel. Because November is the off season for tourist there was no one else staying at the hotel but our group on this last night. The hotel accommodated us extremely well for this last evening. Helping us with dinner plans and reservations. Asking us what time we wanted breakfast to be ready in the morning; and even helping with ordering of taxis and making sure we got on our way with no problems. The level of service at this hotel is better than anything i have ever seen in all of France, UK, Germany, or Spain. The staff are to be commended because they were always there with a smile and ready to help with anything. Our team will certainly return again to this hotel because of the expo next year. But to you, the reader, i can not recommend this hotel enough if you plan to stay in Rimini. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank jsfountain
colwyn bay north wales
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

just arrived back from the panormaic hotel, very dissapointed with the room as we expected to stay in a so called refurbished room this certainly had no refurb, rooms were very small, and shabby, only place that had refurb was the reception , we found breakfast very poor and dinner was terrible, town was shabby we found one place to go in evening a beach bar but apart from that very poor, this place does not cater for tourists, only italians.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank angie43078
ermeti, Direttore at Ambienthotels Panoramic, responded to this review, 13 July 2010
The Mission that has characterized us for years is to try to understand our guests’ needs and expectations. In your case this was our only real mistake: not understanding your idea of holiday, so we apologize for it and we invite you to try one more time.
Concerning your disappointment about the room, I would like to remind you that with the travel agency you booked our cheaper room. At your arrival, for a small extra, we proposed you the refurbished and upper class rooms with both Tech Style and Classic Style, but you did not show interest. It is true that the reception is refurbished like all the common parts of the Hotel.
For what concerns our Restaurant Service, we are surprised since we continuously receive compliments on the variety of choice, the quantity and the quality of our menus. If these did not suit your tastes, we apologize and we regret that you did not report us in time to find a solution.
Viserba is a part of Rimini with outstanding characteristics, suitable and appropriate for a quiet holiday, dedicated to shopping, relax, sun and sea. Ideal for families with children, young couples and elderly.
Its excellence points are: a small assembled and well cared beach and a shallow sea, safe for children and for the ones who cannot swim.
In the evening the pedestrian area and the closure of shops by midnight ensure a peaceful and safe atmosphere.
Only now I am aware of your holiday expectations and I really regret that I could not help you with my experience and my knowledge of the town.
It would have been enough from you to make some questions about your needs, in order to allow us to recommend you all that Rimini and its surroundings unquestionably offer.
It is very difficult to claim that Viserba is an holiday resort only for Italian people, since it is well known that it is the favourite destination for foreigners from all over Europe, mainly in the period of May, June, July and September.
I think there was a misunderstanding on both sides so… let’s try again, we wait for you!!

The Hotel Manager
Antonio Carasso
Also consider these accommodations in or near Viserba
Hotel LaMorosa
Holiday Inn Rimini Imperiale
Erbavoglio Hotel
Erbavoglio Hotel
#4 of 632 in Rimini

Been to Ambienthotels Panoramic? Share your experiences!