The hotel was particularly attracted to us when we saw on the website a complete refurbishment had been done April 2013 and were dismayed corridors were being repainted also all doors adacent to the reception - why was this interruption to guests happening a year after a complete refurbishment?
2. We asked a lady at the front desk on the Sunday morning to reserve a restaurant in Ury. They were not open when we rang so she asked to call back later in the afternoon. We did this and spoke to an elder gentleman who said the only restaurant was not open on a Sunday and suggested we try Le Caveau des Lys in Fontainebleau and said we would not need to make a reservation. The restaurant looked very nice but we were most disappointed when told they were full and recommended ALWAYS to make a reservation. When returning to the hotel we told the same man we were disappointed and he said "sorry" That was 2 pieces of poor information.
3. We had 3 maintenance issues and only one was satisfactoraly fixed, this was the bedroom door did not lock - the maintenance man had to file out the hole in the lock striking plate to make it larger so it would engage, so clearly it had not worked previously.
We complained the air conditioning was not very cold and despite the maintenance man checking it, there was no improvement.
On the second day there was no cold water in the wash basin in the bathroom. It was better later in the day after it had been attended to while we were in the room, however the next morning it was the same warm or hot water, not cold.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Fontainebleau Ury was fully-renovated in spring 2013 and has 126 rooms located 6.2 miles (10 km) from Fontainebleau and its palace. The hotel has a restaurant with terrace, a bar and a spa with an outdoor swimming pool heated to 30 degrees year round. It also offers more than 10,765 sq. ft (1000 m²) of rooms for conferences, meetings and family events of up to 300 people. The hotel is accessible from exit 14 of the A6 and has free unlimited WIFI and an enclosed car park. Hotel highlightsGet some fresh air just 1 hour from Paris and enjoy a swim in our outdoor swimming pool, heated to 30 degrees all year round and accessible from inside our spa, it's just like being in the mountains! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Fontainebleau Ury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Fontainebleau
- Ury Novotel
- Accor Fontainebleau Ury