“A dream where the time stops ..Loved it !!!!”
Review of Hotel Sacacomie

Hotel Sacacomie
Montreal, Canada
“A dream where the time stops ..Loved it !!!!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Sacacomie, a golden treasure, an amazing view, a place where time doesn’t matter, in addition to premium comfort: the landscape beauty, the cleanliness of the rooms and the people welcome especially at the Spa. Every staff was kind, helpful and polite. Speaking of the Spa, all different installations are breathtaking, Turkish Bath, outdoor hot tubs, natural lake can be visit on days or nights where sun let place to a millions stars in the magnificent sky. This is making the perfect spa just to let go and forget life stresses… Expedition on dog sled are stunning! The fresh air, the nature, the snow shoes , the panorama and what about all stories from Gaspar, the more than sympatric snowshoes guide of this other memorable outside experience.
After all activities, relaxing at the bar or in front of the beautiful fireplace in the lobby are the best things to do. Good ambiance, great choice of cocktail and other drinks, nice staff, everything to enjoy the end of the day dream ..One the second evening It was very special to take a shooter at the ice bar with the beautiful view and the amazing sunset, This is also a great place to enjoy the night before returning to the warmth and comfortable room. Sacacomie is a must, a place to absolutely visit and a unforgettable experience !!! Can’t wait to go back …

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Czech first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2014

First I would like to mention that I read the reviews and decided to go check it out with my gf for V day, I called to make a reservation and spoke to someone who barely understood English, they told me they will transfer me to someone that speaks better English after being on hold for over 15mins just to be transfered again I realized this is going to be a mistake but I still went for it , finally after talking to 5 people back and forth and 45min later I asked for a forest side room for myself and my gf. they said ok no problem the bill was 286$ for 1 single night.
I reserved an activity which was 70-80$ for the two of us which was called ''nature tour / woodsman hiking'' '' when I got to the place which was very far and in a middle of no where which was fine as that was to be expected but it just added to the cost of gas and time for something that will turn out to be a dissapointing trip.
The cabin itself looks nice and clean however when we got into our room they put me in a double bed with a small single bed for a child (for some reason), the room itself was very basic everything was wood which was nice and somewhat special but over all not very impressing, it took some time for the water to get warm in the bath, the shower head was not working properly and wasn't giving me good amount of water, I did not enjoy my shower at all.
you can hear people walking in the halls however thats usually the case in most hotels,

over all I was simply not impressed with the 300$ single night room I got, I enjoyed 2 star motel rooms more, When we went exploring the bar there had a really nice view and is the only reason im giving this hotel a 1/5 otherwise it would be of been 0. I truelly felt ripped off for what I paid, If you are balling out of control and dont care about your money then sure this hotel is ok by standards just not for the price,

The view from the bar was very nice and the food was very average but I was not expecting too much from it, finally our nature tour was just a complete rip off, we walked around in the snow in snow shoes for 2 hours listening to the tour guide talking about useless information and showing us squirrel and rabbit tracks ( I can see those in my back yard for free)

online it said that he will teach us how to track and trap, ice fishing, cook and eat our own fish and have a drink of ''Caribou is a sweet Québécois alcoholic beverage composed of red wine, hard liquor, ''

let me tell you that aside from not learning anything about tracking or trapping and simply walking around for 2 hours while paying 80$ to follow a guy that showed me squirrel tracks,
we didnt even get to ice fish, he said that they didnt have license to fish and so he already has fish for us which he cooked on a frying pan and gave us small pieces, then we got a tiny little plastic cup which he poured less than half of it of the caribou drink of which I barely got 2 sips of, then we walked back and that was it

I felt ripped off by the whole trip and was happy I only booked to stay for 1 night

the spa's were something like 200$ for 1hour which I did not bother to try and I didnt even feel like swimming in the pool which was tiny.

Room Tip: if you have the money get the lake side view,
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KhuntFister
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Hello to all, first I would like to say that the hotel is nice...great.?? Not at all....we are a middle aged couple that has very little time to travel ...so we try and choose a guaranteed hit for this reason...so we thought... We first arrive and the manager has an issue with how long we will be parked in front of the hotel because we had a truck,trailer and 2 snowmobiles.... We re assure them we will be only a few minutes....next... Beleive this or not in snowmobile country...no sleds in front of he hotel???really??? Ok so let's review you are paying $400 or so per day for 2 and no sleds in front?? OK never seen this anywhere we have been.... At this point hey appear to not be happy with us... I should mention that the 2 days we stayed there never heard anyone laugh.... Terrible.... So on day 2 we decide that we will go snowmobiling... Check out is noon but we figured we would stay for another night... Wow even though the hotel was 40 % booked and was to be about 60% for the weekend most places have no issue with not being told you are staying.... Well let me re assure you that they do... Asked us to stay the night then leave....lying to us to say they were 100% filled for the weekend... We spoke to many staff who said a max of 275 people with a max capacity of 400 or so.... Made to feel like dirt and certainly treated like a second class citizen....which I make a point of telling anyone who will listen.....do not waste your money here... Their perfect client is 55 and up...lots of money, very quiet and reserved... Basically a drag for most I must say.... Night 2 ordered a Singapore sling, ignorant bartender we don't make those here....really your a bartender aren't you....and by the way a bartender should have a personality.... This one zero to say the least...not even a smile... Anyway at this point most of the hotels are full, due to the free weekend for snowmobiling in Quebec..I also need to mention that the food is claimed to be done by a chef...pack a lunch. This food will not do for day 2... Someone get me some food as this is high end garbage....Sacacomie thank you for asking us to leave because we never would have found lauberge de lac de leau Claire.......WOW for all he right reasons. These people were so accommodating to us moving us from the hotel to a cottage and certainly did what they had to do to get your business..... We walk in to laughter and just a high class, however laid back atmosphere and a great environment, beautiful view, fantastic seating and windows.... PARADISE

So I recommend you take this review seriously, so you don't have the bad experience we had...

Lac de lead Claire is a lifetime destination... After discussion with some of the locals we understand that the man who built Sacacomie died and his wife and sons have taken over... Rumor has serious financial issues....hopefully new owners because this place has more than the basics with a unbelievable trail system.... Just a personality, smile and some appreciation for your business would be nice.... The one lady at the rental area was the only highlight to this stay...imagine

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jimswitchback
Wurenlos, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Where to start, let me think..... The road to the hotel is an adventure, especially at night or with snow on it. But once you there.... Oh My God!!! it's breath taking. The hotel is made of logs and it's big! although we where there during the New Year's time, we didn't get the feeling that there where too many people around even if it was fully booked!
The personnel is so friendly, breakfast and dinner are superbe (really good food!!! ) and the rooms are big!
One thing they should change in their rooms is the light, it is really dark in the rooms. OK, one would say that's romantic but it can't be romantic like all the time, if you know what I mean :-)
There is no TV in the rooms which is great to relax but if you got a smartphone or so you can log in to their free WiFi. The activities are too be booked in advance. We did the dog sledge, the sugar party, the horse back riding and the snow bar. In fact one of the best things about this hotel is Beaver Danny, Danny le Castor, one of their guides. Man, he's just breath taking, no, ladies, I'm not talking only 'bout his looks but about the way he is, as a person. He's just simply great, funny, smart! If you're on a tour with him, you'll have a blast!!! He knows so much and he's so funny! Mail the activity center and ask if he's the guide, hand down, you'll have the best tour ever !!! He also does the snow bar and that was a blast as well.
The Geos Spa is beautiful, it was -25°C so we especially enjoyed the outdoor heated bubble bath and the indoor relax room with an open fire place :-)

It's worth it's money, it's a once in a lifetime experience and you'll feel sad to leave once you're heading home. If you're still hesitating, well don't, you won't regret it!!!!

Room Tip: We got a very big room with bubble bath and lake side view! Room 223 ! ask for ti, it's the bigg...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Catherine P, Sales assistant at Hotel Sacacomie, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
We are thankful for your comments. Also, we are glad that you had a great time. We will be pleased to welcome you again at the Sacacomie Hotel.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The drive down to the hotel is quite daunting, however upon arrival you are greeted by a beautiful log cabin style property. Everything was of course covered in snow and quite beautiful. Check is is not until 4pm which is not really convenient, and you will not get your room earlier-especially during the Holiday Season. The front desk offered to take our luggage which was helpful. Before you arrive you should sign up for activities. The activies are alwasy booked and even booking in advance we still did not do everything we wanted. Day 1 we did the Sugar Shack with our tour guide Danny "Beaver" who was amazing. The activity was great fun and I would recommend it to all. We later saw Danny at the 6pm ice bar out on the back porch (pay for thru activity desk). Day 2 we did dog sledding with Phillip and his team, also a great experience, but no matter how cold it is outside, it is better to be driving the dogs then sitting (DRESS WARMLY). Day 3 we did a snoeshoeing adventure around Lake Atocas, and then snowmobile in the afternoon which was great.
The food in the restaurant was really good, depite other comments on saw on here, we thought it was good for a hotel.
The Massage i got was amazing, from a lady named Annie-and the GEO spa even though we had coupons is expensive for what it is, but the views were nice. Also find it weird there is no gym.
The wireless internet worked in my room, but was spotty and despite being free it was not really working.
The lighting in the rooms is too dim, or just add more lights. The closest was fine, the beds are comfortable.
The water pressure in the shower was horrible-really hard to wash soap off.
Overall the staff was amazing, everyone was really helpful. The activities are run by people who really care about what they are doing and who are really friendly. I would reccomend this to all.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor, the ceillings and walls are thin. Ask for view of the lake,
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ijabart
We are thankful for your great comments and advices. We are glad that you had a great time, we will be pleased to welcome you again at the Sacacomie Hotel.
Paris
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Sacacomie is a spectacular log cabin type structure in the middle of no where. There are lots of proposed activities that you should think to reserve in advance of your arrival. The food service is well done considering the size of the place. And the view of the lake and hills is breathtaking. Our disappointments were numerous; very little closet space in the rooms, very spotty internet service despite the lack of TV, no map of the hotel to be found in the rooms or lobby, no decent hotel shop in case one were to forget something, no access to observe the GEOS Spa before paying.....very frustrating

Room Tip: Try for lake view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Leslie P
We are thankful for your comments and advices. They will be considered. In fact, we have no access to observe the Geos Spa however, the person at the reception will be pleased to show you the facilities using a visual support. We will be pleased to welcome you again at the Hotel.
Nyon, Switzerland
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Imagine this: Far off the beaten track, total wilderness, freezing cold, tons of snow and a big log cabin type hotel complex with multiple star comfort, exceptional gourmet cooking, plus amazing and attentive service, and you are ready for a life-time experience of back-to-nature relaxation. In the cozy atmosphere of the hotel, you are pampered by true professionals. In the spectacular outdoors, you enjoy your favorite activities in the company of friendly guides. Discover the thrill of a dog drawn sleigh ride, track wildlife, enjoy the Spa, sip a glass of wine by the enormous fireplace, then have supper prepared by a master chef – before retiring to your spacious room with its own fireplace and Jacuzzi, and a balcony overlooking the amazing scenery with the ice-covered lake and the immense forest. We felt like Queen and King, with their two Princesses. Fabulous. Or better: F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank restaurant71
Catherine P, Sales assistant at Hotel Sacacomie, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thnk you so much for those comments. We will be please to welcome you again for a future stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Alexis-des-Monts
Le baluchon Eco Resort
Pourvoirie Du Lac Blanc
Pourvoirie Du Lac Blanc
#1 of 5 in Saint-Alexis-des-Monts
Chaumiere des Tourelles - Gite & Chalet
Chaumiere des Tourelles - Gite &...
#3 of 5 in Saint-Alexis-des-Monts

Been to Hotel Sacacomie? Share your experiences!