Torekov Hotell
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Tylosand(Halmstad)
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat spasmall poolspa weekendhotel is locatedoutdoor spabreakfast buffetpoolsdip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Spend a few days at this great spa hotel (maybe one of Swedens best). Beautiful rooms (we stayed in one their suits, which was spacious and nice). The spa was great with sauna, steam sauna, warm pool, outside pool, jacuzzi etc. We can highly recommend the treatments. The restaurant is excellent - great chief and extra plus for Bengt, the Sommalier. If you need some special arrangements - just ask for Tina in the front desk. She and the staff is excellent. If you consider going to the south of Sweden - this is one of the best places to stay for a few days. The overall service is fantastic (except from head waitress that could need a few courses in good manners). This place have potential to become a 5 star hotel...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2012

The hotel is close to the very nice town of totemic. Ideal for having a relaxing and romantic weekends using the spa. Not a big number of rooms. Food very nice may be should improve wines selection. Silent, very nice and with wifi and other amenities

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 16 April 2012

If you like excellent food, a relaxing environment and the feeling of coming home this is the place. We keep coming back here travelling from Copenhagen. The japanese outdoor warmbaths leaves you completely relaxed and refreshed, then afterwards having a served a dinner you want forget: this place has somethinh exstra; the food is never dull, yet not to strange; they simply knows have to compose a dinner and the desserts are amazing as well... In the spring and summer they have lunch tables that are impressive; with everything you could wish for; a paradise for food lovers.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Driving through the snow covered Swedish countryside to reach Torekov, gave me nervous bouts about the quality of the hotel and spa we could expect. We had bought a gift certificate at a discount, for one night stay with a three course dinner and free access to the Spa plus 10% discount on spa treatments. For the price we paid, we were even more nervous about the quality of food, room and spa we would get. Boy, were we pleasantly surprised! Starting from the location, perched on top of a little hill overlooking the ocean, to the interiors, warm earthy comfortable furnishing, to the food and service at the restaurant, were all top notch. We fell in love with the spa and somehow (against the other reviews about running around in a bathrobe to reach the Spa from the rooms) we liked that little walk in the freezing temperatures. It was rejuvenating. I got a facial and a body massage, both were extremely relaxing and very well executed. I am very difficult to please when it comes to body massages since I have a bad back, but my masseuse Anita was very good at what she did. At one point during the massage I thought I was lying at a far flung beach listening to the waves and nothing else in the world mattered. It was that relaxing! I loved the Japanese bath which is a warm bath outside in the freezing weather (February). The sauna room looks over the ocean and you can see ships sail past – very serene.
The rooms are very well sized and decorated with big flat screen TVs, big windows and a very nice clean bathroom. All the fixtures have been well thought of and speak of quality brands. The only thing that bothered me was the bed. I mean, for a romantic setting that they have very successfully created with everything else, why would they choose very narrow single beds joined together? Why not a king size bed??? The pillows and quilts were very good quality but still the beds were a big surprise and let down for me.
The bistro is a well furnished place with fire places giving it a very cozy feel. The waiting staff is very sweet and attentive. We ate lunch, dinner and breakfast at this place and with each meal we were constantly impressed with the quality and taste of food. Although, during dinner we got the scallops as a starter which was delicious but the scallops were cold. Would have liked it a bit warm. They make really great reductions, we loved the cauliflower reduction and also the one with the chicken maincourse. Although the chicken could have had a little more taste in it – everything else was yummy. The breakfast buffet was out of this world tasty with good variety.
I will definitely come back to this place because I really think it is worth every single penny we paid and in return got one of the most amazing, relaxed weekends ever.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the main building when you are there during winter. The walk to the spa is less that 15 seconds.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2011

My fiancé and I went on a romantic spa weekend (we chose a spa package) to this hotell in August. I had been recommended it by work colleagues. On arrival I was surprised that it wasn't situated directly by the sea but in a normal Swedish small houses residential area. That was a bit of a disappointment since I had expected it being very close to the sea.

The architectual building style was modern Scandinavian. It looked very nice. The hotel lobby was nice and roomy and the interior design was really nice too. Quite dark and sophisticated. Relaxing. The service at the front desk was great and although they had certain seating times for dinner you could tell that they were quite flexible.

The room was nice with a little terrace. Nothing fancy though. 2 x 80 cm beds. We didn't plan on spending much time in the room anyway.

The spa (two stories) was surprisingly small but very cosy and with really nice colourful mosaic tiles. There's one indoor pool, a small cold pool, a normal sauna, a steam sauna and then there's two or three heated jacuzzy style pools in the garden. There's also a larger outdoor pool but the water was too cold for late August so we didn't use it.

There's subtle "Japanese style" relaxing music in the relax areas which are spacious and nice overlooking the sea. We didn't do any extra spa treatments so cannot comment on them. The basement gym was good, and there's also a very nice candle lit room for meditation.

One slightly annoying thing about the spa though was that it was quite messy with paper mugs, beer cans, napkins etc that previous guests had left behind. The garbage bins were full. Once or twice I had to clean up the table that came with the relaxing sofas that we we're using. It seemd as if there was no personnel to take care of the garbage... I'm also a little bit against alcoholic beverages in spas, so I was surprised that some guests appeared with beer in their hands...

The food in the restaurant was absolutely excellent!! The menu was predecided and perfectly put together and cooked. The only thing that wasn't so good was that they had no selection of non-alcoholic beverage (I'm pregnant so unfortunately couldn't taste the fine wines that came along with the drink menu) so I had to go for either softdrinks, water or some apple drink.

The breakfast buffé was great and the brunch buffé as well. Really excellent selection of food!

I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially with the restaurant in mind. The spa was also really nice except for it being so small and that it was a little messy (see above).

We will be back.