“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Port Severn
Barrie, Canada
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I had a great time here! My husband and I wanted to get away for a night and do some fishing-we have drove by this place quite a few times and thought it would be a good spot to try. We had an AWESOME TIME! Fishing was amazing..hotel was clean, owners are super sweet...really what more could you ask for? OK so its not a 5 star hotel but you get what you pay for. The Motel is deceiving from the back-doesnt look the greatest BUT rooms are clean and when you come around to the front of it, its a nice spot!!

No problems here, will go back FOR SURE

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Devone B

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I would like to drop a quick note to mention what a great time we had on our 3rd annual Fathers Day Weekend Fishing Trip to Muskey's Landing. The accomodations are comfortable, the hosts Sandy and Dave are inviting, the fishing boats are in great shape and the Fishing this year was awesome!! More Northern Pike this year then the last 2 years combined. I think we found the hot spot. Actually there are a few hot spots we discovered. We actually hooked into a 6 pound pickerel. And man were they tastey. The bass, although out of season, kept nailing our pike lures. And they were huge. Great time, great deal, great hosts and most importantly great fishing.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ken G
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Great for a fishing trip with the guys, GREAT value, Decent hotel, clean, safe.
better for older kids, not toddlers.
Rustic, value choice. I would come back but I would come with buddies.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank m_alancash
Ontario
Reviewed 15 June 2012

A friend and I spent a night here recently as a base for some fishing on Georgian Bay. We stayed in the motel section and the room was slightly dated, but clean, with new carpet and everything in the room worked. This property is located right next to HIghway 400 and there was some traffic noise at night with the windows open, but simply closing them and turning the air conditioner on made it easy to sleep. For the price, and the ease of getting there, we were happy. There are also kitchenette units and bungalow style cottages available for rent. We looked in the windows of one of the cottages closer to the water and again, rustic, but clean and looked like a good spot for a family to visit. There was a well looked after beach area and boats and kayaks for rent. We brought our own boat and use of the ramp was included, with a $10 charge for overnight docking which is reasonable considering what others in the area charge. Be aware that the water approach here is extremely shallow, 2 feet at best, so larger boats would not be suitable. The location is also a 2 minute drive, or 20 minute walk to downtown Port Severn (all 300 feet of it) where there is a small grocery store, LCBO and a variety store. There is also a nice waterfront restaurant/bar called the Dam Site Grill which was good for lunch and a cold beer.
The people that run Muskey's are hard working and extremely friendly and tried their best to make our short stay enjoyable. This isn't a chain or cookie cutter motel, but for our needs and the price we paid it was perfectly fine. If you want a spot for a waterfront getaway at a reasonable price I would give it a look. Yes, the highway is close, but sitting in one of the deck chairs down by the water, you really don't notice it. Both my friend and I agree that we would visit again.

Room Tip: If you think the road noise will bother you, ask for a room on the far end. If you have trouble with...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank OntarioFamilyGuy
Bracebridge
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We had a wedding to go to in Port Severn and booked two nights here. My wife arranged it and spoke to Sandy several times on the phone and couldn't wait to meet her because she was so nice and personal phone. They even take dogs, great. We ended up being late for the barbeque, having a hard time finding the place, MapQuest’s fault. When we pulled into the parking lot I couldn't believe this place was a hotel. It looked like an industrial building. We checked in hastily. When I got in the room I refused to unpack the car because there was no way I was staying there. I would leave my dog because I was afraid someone would steel him it just looked that bad. My wife emptied the car and we took off (with the dog) to the wedding bbq. My wife and I got into a huge fight over the place. We returned back to the hotel late after the bbq and that is when it all sunk in. First the door had a couple screws in the jam as it had been kicked in, but I don't know when it happened. There were signs at the sinks saying danger don't drink the water. No one told us anything about that during our reservation and check in process. Hmmm think that should have been disclosed??? Just awful stuff, duct tape holding the bathroom faucet handle together, smell of musk and cigars. This place is literally next to hwy 400. The road is probably 50 feet from the building. We slept there because we had no choose. We of course went to the office and told them we wouldn’t be staying another night. When asked why I told them because we didn’t like the room and could drink the water. They told me I could drink it because they just changed the system. We’ll why are there signs? Because we haven’t had it tested yet. Sorry but I’m pretty sure they would get them shut down and fined if the health district found that out. Anyway I would never ever, ever recommend anyone to stay there. The owners are super nice until you question them about whey they didn’t disclose the fact that you can’t drink the water. The owners being “nice” is no reason to stay somewhere. I have no idea how this place is still in business. Bottom line, sleep in your car if you have to but don’t do it!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Joe K
, Owner at Muskey's Landing, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
We had just changed the water system and was told by the health department to leave the signs up untill they notified us to take them down. The customer was very irate not exactly sure why> We refunded his money for his second night. We were so sorry that he felt this way. His wife was very nice. Just not sure why so much hostility towards us and the situation or the facility.

Travellers are raving about these Port Severn hotels

Milton, Canada
Reviewed 11 January 2012

....... need a break
........ wan't a good time
.......... like a good deal for your money
...... looking to meet some nice people

go and see sandy and dave at the muskey's

Room Tip: well, depending on what you like, downstairs bbq, upstairs nice view to the bay
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 4 November 2011

This was our first trip to Muskey's Landing and we enjoyed every minute of it. Room was very clean it included the kitchenette we stayed for two night and which included the boat rental for two days. We landed one Pike and a 2 6.1lbs bass. We also lost a few trophy size bass 8lbs or more. We will definitely be visiting Muskeys in 2012. Hoping to continue where we left off.
- Owners Sandy and Dave were very polite and accommodating.
Alan , Russell , Vernon.

#5 of 8 in Midland
Skyways Motel
Skyways Motel
#7 of 8 in Gravenhurst

Been to Muskey's Landing? Share your experiences!