“Approach”
Review of Rawley Resort

Rawley Resort
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Port Severn
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We have stayed here before and we enjoyed it. I called to try to book for part of the Civic holiday long weekend for this year. They advised me it was a minimum 3 night stay which I agreed to but not the Sunday night. The person I spoke to told me they would call me back which they never did. I called back and was told there was no flexibility. If you can't stay the Sunday night, you can't book. Interesting approach.

Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank DavJM
OwnerRawleyResort, Owner at Rawley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2013

I am so sorry for this unforunate situation. We do have a minimum three night stay for the August Civic long weekend, however your reservation was discussed with me. They were instructed to accept your Thursday through Saturday. Our resort manager and discussed this situation and she would like to speak with you to find out more details and to fix the problem. Again please accept our most sincerest apologies and hopefully you will come and stay with us.
I am emailing you to contact our Manager.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

We had our staff "Christmas in January" party at Rawley Resort. This was our second time there. The rooms are beautiful and spacious with attention to detail. Servers were courteous and friendly. Our dinner was "Yum in my tum" The Chef was amazing and took the time out to introduce himself earlier in the day. Shawn at the piano was great. Sunday morning we woke up to a typical Canadian snowstorm with some rooms losing power. The restaurant had to prepare our breakfast working from a generator. Let's just say the toast wasn't burnt! Too funny! It may have taken a bit longer to prepare our food but again there was attention to detail! Bravo Rawley Resort and Thank You! S. Crowley

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
OwnerRawleyResort, Manager at Rawley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2013

Thank you for taking time to send such a wonderful review. our accommodations were created for our guests comfort and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay in your room.
I have given your review to the staff and the \chef and they were very happy with your kind words. We can't thank you enough and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

Well hey guys I haven't really reviewed in a long time so I am going to add another review from a different room it is where their is a lake in our backyard. so when I went their for my birthday it was the best I went ther twice actually this is the first time I went to the room and after we put our stuff in the tv had so many great kid channels and so many great services for your enjoyment and actually my dad took me on a walk and the boat was just a couple of miles away it's the best because their is ice cream their is fishing breakfast and a nice view when you go on a walk

• Stayed: June 2012

Thank you for your return visit and review. We are very pleased hat you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Had a great relaxing stay at the Rawley. The rooms were spacious, extremely well kept and decorated. The view from our balcony overlooking the water was tremendous.
The dining room was wonderfully decorated and created a warm relaxing atmosphere. The food was superb and very attractively presented. Great Chef! The staff were very accomodating and addressed all our needs. They were very friendly, happy and seemed to enjoy working there.
I highly recommend staying at the Rawley. A great resort. We will definitely go again.
L & J Molnar

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
OwnerRawleyResort, Owner at Rawley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time out to write such a great detailed review. I have shared your comments with our team and they were so very pleased to read how happy you were with the service, accommodations andyour dining experience. We have a fantastic team here at Rawley and we all enjoy working together to make our guests comfortable. One of the highlights of working in the hotel business is meeting such wonderful guests like yourselves. You were such a pleasure and we truly look forward to having you come through our doors again for another stay, hopefully in the near future.
the best of the holiday season to you and yours
Warm regards from
ALL THE TEAM

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We had dinner at Rawley Resort last year and this year. The restaurant is beautiful and has gorgeous views! The staff are very pleasent and helpful. Our dinner was amazing! The steak was to die for and the soup and dessert blew our minds! If we were not in a restaurant I would of licked my plate clean! Very romantic and I would suggest the Rawley Resort to everyone!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
OwnerRawleyResort, Owner at Rawley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2012

Your compliments on your visit with us is very much appreciated. Our team enjoys receiving reviews that let's us know that the we were sucessful in meeting up to our guests expectations. They work very hard and truly care about our guests and strives to make Rawley's guest experience the best it can be. The kitchen staff were happy to read that your dinner was amazing. Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We look forward to having you return to us in the near future.
All the Rawley team wishes you and yours a happy holiday season filled with good food, fond memories and lots of laughter.
See you in the New Year.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Wow. A group of six of us (3 couples) travelled by boat to Rawley Resort on the weekend of September 8th. It poured rain on our entire way up (resulting in quite the interesting afternoon :) ) but upon our arrival, the resort was on hand to help us dock, provide us with a golf cart to transfer our things quickly while staying dry, and all done with a smile on their faces. Our rooms were beautiful, and SPOTLESS. They were accomodating when we needed to modiify our dinner reservation for timing, and even addressed me by name when I passed throug hthe lobby (was very impressed by this). The restaurant had a GREAT vibe to it, and our table was perfect for a social gathering. My meal was not my favourite (I had the caprese salad and a chicken dish) BUT I think perhaps it was due to simply picking the wrong thing for my tastes as I tried a bit of my friends' orders and they were delicious. When I mentioned my distaste for the salad, the waitress, did not charge us for it. That exceeded my expectations. Breakfast was excellent the next day! All in all we truly enjoyed our weekend getaway and will be making it an annual thing I am sure! Well done.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Our dock attendants are going to be so happy that they received a review on Trip Advisor. They really enjoy their jobs. They along with the rest of the team find it easy to smile as we have such wonderful guests staying with us.
Thank you for sharing your great review on our accommodations, staff and decor.
I along with the kitchen are so sorry about your disappointment in the chicken. We tested it, discussed it and agree with you so we have changed the chicken entree to a different choice.
The caprese salad consists of our house made motzarella. The texture is different in a housemade cheese and some guests do not enjoy the texture as they are used to store bought. Our breakfast is one of our guests favourite and we are glad you enjoyed it. Looking forward to your boat and crew returning to our docks next season.
Have a wonderful holiday season and the best in 2013.
Happy holidays from the Rawley team

Reviewed 17 October 2012

We had the pleasure of choosing Rawley Resort for our wedding on October 5, 2012.

From the initial planning, right through to the night itself, we found the resort to be at a 5 star level, the staff accomodating, helpful and interested in our needs.

Our wedding dinner has been compared by our guests to the best meals that they have enjoyed at any other restaurant or resort.

Our chalet was stunning, beautifully appointed and afforded us the view of a lifetime to wake up to. It was perfectly maintained and impecably clean. Our guests, who stayed in cottages, as well as the hotel itself, had very much the same feedback.

We availed ourselves of as many opportunities as possible to relax in the restaurant lounge, including returning two nights after the wedding to enjoy the musical talents of Eric, who had made our wedding night comfortable, memorable and a ton of fun for all involved.

We hope to get back to Rawley Lodge as soon as possible. There is no chance that we will wait for our first anniversary.

Room Tip: Try a 2 story lakeside chalet. 2 decks, a gorgeous lawn, an unobstructed view of the water and even...