We stayed 3 nights in early September and had a marvellous, relaxing time. The weather was great and there weren't too many mosquitoes to bother us. Andy and Jane (and their three dogs and cat!) are very hospitable and went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed ourselves.
The cabin is open-plan with twin 4'6" beds, a kitchen and a lounge/eating area, plus a separate shower room. It'll hold four but is better for two. A boat jetty (complete with dinghy) is right outside the cabin door, as is parking.
A good breakfast, in the main house, was prepared by Andy and he'd cook pretty well what we wanted each morning.
For an evening meal there are three choices:
- There's a cafe/restaurant in Nimpo Bay village (we never tried it)
- Bring food and cook for yourself (the kitchen is well equipped)
- The one we chose, eat with Andy and Jane. This is, in my opinion, much the best option. Jane is an excellent cook (and not bad at the home-made wine either!) and each night we enjoyed a good meal and good conversation, putting the world to rights.
Nimpo Lake has no night life, but if you want a relaxing break in beautiful surroundings with plenty of wildlife, and of course plenty of fish to catch, it's hard to beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AJ B& B provides comfortable, private cabin accommodation on Nimpo Lake with your own dock and spectacular view.The cabin comes equipped with a full kitchen and dining area, Baby Blaze King wood stove as well as electric heat. One brand new Queen sized bed and one double bed, washroom with shower, with all bedding, towels, and kitchen utensils provided. There is also satellite TV, (same as cable) telephone and Wireless Internet. Lots of private parking. Breakfast can be arranged ahead with the owner if you don't want to cook for yourself. ... more less