“falconery”

Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Blackford
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 15 July 2013

great day out,adrian really knew his birds,would recomend this to anyone,went along as a spectator and horoughly enjoyed it

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"spectator"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 13 July 2013

What an amazing experience. I was there today 13/07/2013 for the Phoenix Experience and had an amazing time. Adrian (I think that was his name) is a fountain of knowledge, I have a very short attention span and at no point was I ever not listening. I am hoping to make another trip to see the birds again it was so enjoyable. Dave the Owl is my favourite :-)

2  Thank Stuart_Wilkie
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I was given an introductory session here as a birthday present. So cashing it in was pretty simple, and then I arrived for my experience. I was in the fortunate position that the way things worked out I was given a one to one session which was brilliant. Adrian has a nice way about his presentation and is clearly passionate about the birds. To hear about the history of the training was interesting enough, and then I was introduced to the birds. And what lovely creatures they are too.

Afterwards we headed outside with one of the hawks and the feeding, flying and agility tricks were great to see. This was especially good as the weather was fantastic.

On returning back inside a cuppa was offered and gratefully accepted. As an ending there was a ten week old bird that was hooded up as part of its training so it was interesting to see how it dealt with having the hood removed. One to see yourself.

Altogether I really enjoyed myself and would recommend it.

2  Thank Scottieboy26
Reviewed 28 June 2013

just been to phoenix falconry and cant recommend it enough. the knowledge of the birds Adrian has is incredible. you can clearly see and hear that he loves and cares for the birds like his own kids! the experience of getting to fly the birds was amazing!! i enjoyed every last sec. i went to the phoenix experience which was a half day first got a lesson on the birds and how to handle and fly them then coffee break then out to fly more bids. had that much of an amazing day i will be booking up to try another experience.

2  Thank connie c
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I've just spent a wonderful afternoon marvelling at a variety of birds of prey at Phoenix Falconry. Like a lot of other people today, we were using a voucher present received at Christmas and about to expire. My only regret about the day was not having used the voucher earlier in the year, which would have allowed us either to see very young birds or go out hunting in the season, or both! I really want to go back.
We spent the first half of the session learning about how falcons are trained and the second about various birds - small and large, familiar, exotic and verging on extinction. Adrian is very informative and takes a lot of care to inform visitors, to include everyone and amuse. A great afternoon.