“NIce glimpse of Newfoundland history”

Random Passage Site
Reviewed 5 August 2012

This movie set from Random Passage has recreated a piece of Newfoundland's past with a high degree of historical accuracy. Even if you have not seen Random Passage, it is worth a visit.

3  Thank Saturn49

Reviewed 4 July 2012

Have not seen the series, but enjoyed the tour anyways. We went mostly for the history lesson, but also because both my wife and I love the movies and wanted to see how they created a set in the middle of nowhere. The guide was great and brought the series to life. Newfoundland history was nicely explained and made us want to learn more, which we did when we visited The Rooms in St. Johns later on in our tour, as well as when we had conversations with friendly local residents.
It is a fair drive from the TCH so better if one also visits other attractions/towns along the way such as Trinity in order to make it all worthwhile.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Have been to the site 2X, and the experience never gets old. I have a little girl, and love that I can introduce her to history in such a hands on way. I also love the little cafe and awesome homemade goods you can purchase...I always get some mittens! Cannot wait to get back this summer for a history lesson, good cuppa and a tea bun.

1  Thank krista1972-1
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Random Passage provides you with our history and how the smaller communities lived years ago.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

Gives one a look at what the life in a remote fishing room was like when Newfoundland was first settled.

Been to Random Passage Site? Share your experiences!