My husband and I have just come back from a short break in the Cotswolds and went to this Pub for an evening meal. We found it in the National Trust Handbook and as it is steeped in history fancied a visit. It is very old and is full of Cromwellian artefacts including a large collection of pewter plates. The pub is divided in to 2 rooms connected by the bar and each with a log fire. We found on arrival that the chef and barmaid were both off sick , leaving the landlord very short staffed. This didn't affect the service or quality of food and we had a great evening. If it's refined eating in a posh bistro type place then this is not for you but if you want good hearty food in a friendly, cosy environment then give it a go - you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fleece Inn is the perfect rural retreat just a stone's throw from the beautiful Cotswold's boasting roaring open fires for the winter months, open garden and apple orchard for the summer sun and a friendly welcome all year round. With real ales and traditional ciders aplenty this historical pub is a favourite with CAMRA members and the welcoming atmosphere and good food attract visitors from all over the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Fleece Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fleece Hotel Bretforton
- The Fleece Inn Bretforton, Worcestershire