Eight of us had dinner on Sunday 18th March 2012 at this delightful pub. We had booked earlier in the week but arrived late after getting lost (allow time it's not easy to find in the dark). We were though still warmly welcomed by the publican. The menu is varied and interesting and the food was generous and tasty. We certainly hope to get back soon, in my case for the traditional 'meat balls' and mash and the beautifully kept beer. I can, however, sympathise with reviewer kushtibok. Our table for eight was in the very small back room which was fine as there was nobody at the other tables. I assume that's where they were and a couple would find it very oppressive if there was also a large party in the room. Best to check when booking perhaps but try not to miss the Fleece!
PS They are not called meat balls on the menu but Trip Advisor has take exception to the traditional description on the menu!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fleece Inn is the perfect rural retreat just a stone's throw from the beautiful Cotswold's boasting roaring open fires for the winter months, open garden and apple orchard for the summer sun and a friendly welcome all year round. With real ales and traditional ciders aplenty this historical pub is a favourite with CAMRA members and the welcoming atmosphere and good food attract visitors from all over the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and SpeedyBooker.com so you can book your The Fleece Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fleece Hotel Bretforton
- The Fleece Inn Bretforton, Worcestershire