“A very pleasant meal in the garden”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Fleece Inn

The Fleece Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Bretforton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Fleece Inn is the perfect rural retreat just a stone's throw from the beautiful Cotswold's boasting roaring open fires for the winter months, open garden and apple orchard for the summer sun and a friendly welcome all year round. With real ales and traditional ciders aplenty this historical pub is a favourite with CAMRA members and the welcoming atmosphere and good food attract visitors from all over the world.
Worcestershire
“A very pleasant meal in the garden”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

9 of us ate here last weekend. The weather was excellent and we were able to sit outside in the garden. We dragged some benches together and enjoyed the evening sunshine, although the grass could have done with cutting as it was really long. Indicative of the recent wet weather I suspect.

Three of us had curries, two had burgers, one a child's pizza and the rest fish and chips. There were no complaints about the quality, quantity or value of the food. The chicken curry I had was especially tasty.

This is a lovely, historic, interesting pub in a lovely village. Parking can be trickly when they have events on here (as they did last Saturday night) but not a major problem.

• Visited May 2014
FleeceBretforton, Owner at The Fleece Inn, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Many thanks for posting your review, I'm glad that you could enjoy your meals in the orchard in the sunshine. I hope you will visit us again soon.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Lunch at the Fleece Inn 2nd June 2014”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

When my sister came to stay with me from London, I suggested we go to the Fleece Inn for lunch, having heard the history of this establishment. When we arrived, be it fairly late for lunch, we were told that we had 4 minutes to order food. With this in mind we decided to opt for a simple sandwich and a drink. The lady serving us was quite unfriendly and unwelcoming and when the sandwiches arrived, the bread was dry, unbuttered with a couple of hunks of cheese in the middle and some pickle with a measly portion of crisps and salad on the side. It was served by another assistant with as much finesse as what you would expect at a roadside cafe. My sister received her ' half-cup of coffee' which was cold and unappealing. We sat outside and after a few minutes two vans appeared next to our table leaving its engine running with its stinking fumes wafting over us. By then, we had had enough of the Fleece Inn experience and wished we had gone to the Broadway Hotel where we have eaten before and at the same cost and served with friendliness and professionalism. We will not be returning to the Fleece Inn until either the staff attitude changes and the food improves. Such a shame, being members of the National Trust, we had hoped for more. Sorry!

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I am sorry to hear your visit was not an enjoyable one for which I would like to offer you my apologies. I have identified and spoken with the people who were responsible for your poor experience on the 2nd June and rest assured steps have been taken to ensure this does not occur again. Ensuring our guests experience excellent food, drinks and service is very important to me and I would like to thank you once again for bringing this to my attention. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me on 01386 831173

Evesham, United Kingdom
“Lovely traditional pub”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Having lived in the area for a few years but never visited this pub, we took the opportunity when family came to visit.
The pub is easy to find but parking is in a small village car park just outside and at busy times I can imagine it will get hard to secure a space. The staff were very helpful and cheery, attentive but not over-bearing. The décor inside is traditional - stone floors, lovely dark wood furniture and a cosy log-burning fire. We visited during the local 'Asparagus season', where there was a whole asparagus-related menu alongside the usual options. The food was excellent, very fresh and my father's steak was (in his words) "exceptional". I was told, by said father, that the choice of beers was excellent.
Highly recommended and will certainly be visiting again!

• Visited May 2014
Many thanks for posting your review, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and that your father enjoyed some of our real ales. I hope you will visit us again soon.

The Netherlands
“Excellent food and beer”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Although busy, the staff were attentive and friendly.

The choice of beer and cider is good as is the range of food. I can personally recommend the fish and twice cooked chips.

Thank you fleece for a wonderful meal and afternoon

Visited June 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review, I'm glad you enjoyed the fish and twice cooked chips, the dish is a firm favorite

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Very Authentic Pub”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went here with Family Members on a Friday Night, Very busy Pub, Food was wonderful, and service was excellent.

• Visited May 2014
FleeceBretforton, Owner at The Fleece Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank for posting your review. I hope we can welcome you back to The Fleece Inn again soon.