“Great food in a friendly village pub.”
Review of The Fleece Inn

The Fleece Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Bretforton
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Fleece Inn is the perfect rural retreat just a stone's throw from the beautiful Cotswold's boasting roaring open fires for the winter months, open garden and apple orchard for the summer sun and a friendly welcome all year round. With real ales and traditional ciders aplenty this historical pub is a favourite with CAMRA members and the welcoming atmosphere and good food attract visitors from all over the world.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Not my first visit, but considering the Fleece is only 10 minutes away, I think I may have to become a more regular patron.
Good food using local and seasonal produce on the menu or go for the more traditional pub favourites. Locally produced beers are also available.

FleeceBretforton, Owner at The Fleece Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review, I'm glad you have discovered the Fleece and hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Everyone says you should try The Fleece at Bretforton so we did. Never, ever will I go there again. It was dirty, smelly (this included a member of staff) and we couldn't wait to get out. It's got all the makings of the most fantastic venue but I think they are living on a reputation from the past. I love old character places and you expect it not to be pristine but this really was dreadful and given the state of the bar and dining area it just put me off the food wondering what state the kitchen was in. We asked for the table to be wiped as it was pretty grotty and even the cloth the member of staff wiped it with was dirty and smelt. C'mon owners give it a good clean and make sure your staff have a shower!!!

1  Thank JaneyCheltenham
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Ive just got married at The fleece, it was incredible! The venue, the food, the staff everything and the girls and guys went out their way to make my day truely magical! The staff had to put up with endless emails from me asking silly questions and were amazing helping with everything. The venue is beautiful, whats not to like, a barn and pub in beautiful grounds in a stunning village. The food was truely Yum! The beef and chocolate brownies were delicious. We had scrumpy cider for the toast and it just made it that much more 'us' than your typical champers! I can only appoligize for being so late to the day...but the staff all worked amazing in the pouring rain to get the food and barn ready on time for everything. I truely recommend here for weddings!! Go do it guys you wont regret it! Thank you for my perfect day :-) Kirsty and Kev xx

FleeceBretforton, Owner at The Fleece Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Kirsty and Kev
On behalf of myself and all the team at The Fleece Inn we would like to congratulate you both and hope you come back to celebrate all of your anniversaries! We love doing weddings here, its a very special thing to able to help couples dreams come true and give them such a special day. I am so pleased your wedding day was everything you wished for and thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal. The service was excellent. This is a great place to come with friends and family alike. Highly recommended x

FleeceBretforton, Owner at The Fleece Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review of The Fleece Inn, I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you back to The Fleece again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Fleece is my new favourite local pub and restaurant.
Took friends to The Fleece on Sunday night for a drink and meal. Once again, fantastic food and excellent service - thank you guys!