“Cosy restaurant with a nice view a very good service”
Review of Sabores da Ria

Sabores da Ria
Ranked #2 of 64 Restaurants in Cabanas
Price range: US$13 - US$20
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Stunning view over the river (Ria Formosa) Special meals by pre-order:Cataplanas, Octopus with sweet potatos, Seafood-rice, Salmon filet with rosemary sauce, Fried prawns in batter beer, Shepherds pie, Mixed fisherman's seafood buffet (shrimps, oysters, crabs, welks, prawns, razor clams, mussels)
Oeiras, Portugal
“Cosy restaurant with a nice view a very good service”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Sabores da Ria is in the sea (river...) front of Cabanas village and its offer is in line with the general restaurants in this area. High quality fish (tuna, sword fish, sea bass, golden bream, ...), sea food and rices (sea food rice, monk fish rice, razor clams rice, ...). Also some exquisite dishes are available salmon with black pasta, stuffed chicken breast.
Booking in advance is a must in summertime. Don't miss it!

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Long time waiting”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Called in on the off chance of a table for family of four . Was told would be 50 mins , restaurant was busy and the food looked good so waited . We waited one hour and 45 mins to be seated ! Our children were starving . When seated we placed our order ( we'd chose from the menu already) food came quiet quickly . Although the steak was nice it lacked may be some salad ? Fries I'd already ordered . The meatballs were bland and was ordered for my daughter who ended up just eating spaghetti my husband ate the meatballs . He said they were ok . The fish my son ordered was lemony so therefore he didn't eat it and the husband finished off! I did make comments to the waiter that I would not have waited if been told a realistic time . I also pointed out the comments on the food . My response was rude ! , he told me empty plates so what's wrong ?! Didn't really understand my point . And in reply to the nearly 2 hr wait was " we are busy" I recommend you DEFINTELY book if you want to eat here .

• Visited August 2014
Waterford
“A Balcony view of the Ria Formosa ”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Great restaurant. If you have kids then eat indoors. Eat on the balcony for a quieter meal.

A note to those eating in Portugal for the first time.... This goes for most restaurants.... Don't expect finesse. They usually serve good food and don't put a lot of effort into dancing attendance on you. Don't get on your high horse . . . Enjoy the fresh food and let the rest just sail over your head.

“Lovely fresh seafood, very well priced”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We chose this restaurant as it ranked number 1 in cabanas, our first attempt we couldn't get a table so we booked for later in the week. It was very busy, service excellent. The food was simple and fresh. I had the fish mixed grill and was served about 9 different freshly caught fish, and was asked if I wanted more! Plus potatoes and salad All for €11. Everything has a good measure of garlic. We also had the salmon pasta which was lovely and the prawn curry which was also good. The spider crab pate to start was delicious.
Deserts were not that exciting so we declined and has ice cream on the sea front instead.

• Visited August 2014
Swinford, Ireland
“Cheap & Cheerful”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Had the grilled Fish which was top class the waiter kept coming with more fish had to tell him to stop

Visited June 2014