“Sunday Lunch”

The Fellsider Bar and Kitchen
Ranked #7 of 18 Restaurants in Whickham
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Popped in for Sunday lunch, the place is so welcoming, the lunch was amazing, a choice of 4 meats, homemade yorkies, fresh veg and proper gravy. Definitely going back.....

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Being over 60 we went for the diamond option, 2 courses for £10 , both well worth it
The young waitress lady was very pleasant, very efficient, and right on top off everything

So for the price, food and service it was a nice experience, quite happy

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

I haven’t tried this place since it’s refurbishment popped in for a quick bite to eat I opted for the seafood sharing platter absolutely lovely well presented . The place is light and airy and very modern little tables outside for the good weather. Definitely will be returning to try all the other options on the menu great little pub and loads of parking too.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Well we really tried to support this venue since the recent upgrade- with several visits -
But seriously last visit from us- sorry guys but at those bar & food prices I don’t want to be sitting in a glorified man’s bar listening to loud boxing on the tv-
At these prices I want good quality food, nice calm atmosphere, not bar meals, we want good comfortable furnishings, & not noise it’s really just like sitting in a blokes bar-
make your mind up what you’re trying to achieve
Sorry but I will go into town and find a nice quiet restaurant instead. It may even cost less.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Disappointed from the start. The waiter ID’d me with my family and I didn’t have ID which I completely understood was my fault and happy they are aware about serving alcohol underage. However the waiter was very rude in telling me he couldn’t serve me alcohol with my meal which the family all found embarrassed and were surprised about with his tone.

The food took 40 minutes until we were served. We could see the food waiting at the kitchen window and staff standing around it but it took then took another 10 minutes to bring over.

I ordered steak which when it came smelt and tasted burnt and was well done, even though I ordered medium-rare. They were understanding and brought me another plate quickly. This time it was missing the garlic butter and the steak was cut in half, burnt and well done again. I did not see the point in complaining as it was clear they couldn’t cook steak. Another family member was waiting 5 minutes from the food initially being served too so we all ended up eating at different times.

Overall we expected a lovely family meal however the whole experience was a disappointment. Such a shame as we heard good things. Somehow I don’t think the service was a one off though. Important to note that the waitress was lovely!