Cromasaig Bed & Breakfast
Gairloch Hotel(Gairloch)
US$113
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Dundonnell Hotel(Little Loch Broom)
US$200
  • Breakfast included
US$200
The Millcroft(Gairloch)
US$193
Agoda.com
All reviewssitting roompacked lunchtwin bedson arrivaltomscotland
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We slipped in here last minute and were very happy to have found it. Owners Tom & Liz were very warm and fun to talk with and very welcoming to our dog (they have dogs themselves). Little sitting room for relaxing in. Nice breakfast in their kitchen. Only had rooms with twin beds so hubby and I had to spend night apart (not sure if that adds to or detracts from sleep quality!) and the shower-room is down the corridor (but is exclusive use for your room). Good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BoatLadyUK
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Pre-booked one night stay as part of hill walking trip in area, wish we had booked for longer! Warm welcome from Tom & Liz, friendly conversation with helpful information on hills and locality. Nice location, cosy lounge to relax with wood burning stove and great selection of books, clean comfortable room, good facilities, tasty breakfast and packed lunch fit for a long days walk in the hills. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank John L
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stayed with Liz and Tom for 8 days in Sept 2012. They are both extremely knowledgeable about their area, experts on the outdoors and mountains, bird- and wildlife surrounding their immaculate B&B, involved in everything locally it seems, and have opinions to share on most things. Take these with a pinch of salt and you won't be disappointed, nor disappoint them - I got the feeling Tom encourages a verbal challenge, and sparks off (very mild and injury-free) winding up of some guests. The pair couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. Stay here and eat well.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank winerwalker
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Give this accommodaiton the thumbs up. I stayed here a couple of nights in August and the owners are friendly and welcoming. My room was spacious, clean and comfortable, which is by far and away the main thing. My only comment would be that the option of having breakfast a little later would have been nice, and local black pudding and sausages would be preferred when visiting the Highlands. Other than that, no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I am surprised by the man who writes that Americans would not be welcome here. I am American and I met Tom and Liz while they were out walking dogs and while I was a wee bit lost on the trail to Kinlochewe. They not only pointed me in the right direction, but offered a cold beverage to help me on my way into town. I had no need to go further, as I was provided a lovely comfortable room with none of the usual "single supplement" charged by many others, offered use of laundry, clothes line for airing out sleeping bag. I could not have asked for more in the way of a warm welcome and friendly conversation, not to mention the details that a long distance walker treasures more than anything: a few clean clothes to hit the trail with once again. I will not forget Cromasaig, nor Tom and Liz's kindness, and hope to return again very soon.

Room Tip: If you are solo traveler, there is no extra singles supplement for a room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo