We were not guests at the hotel but we were staying in Kinlochewe and were keen to find somewhere to eat each of the 5 nights of our visit. We were extremely pleased to discover that our very well behaved 6 year old son and our quite well behaved 7 year old dog were both allowed into the hotel. We had a quick look at the menu and immediately thought, that's us sorted! My husband then went to ask about food for our son, he was 'promptly' told it's only what's on that menu. Taken aback by the brusque tone he asked, could you not make some chicken and chips? The reply was, we don't do chips, ok then, some potato? Alas, no, it was only the full menu on offer. We would love to have eaten there but then perhaps it was for the best, as a chef who cannot rustle up a small portion of pasta or some sausage and mash (I'm assuming sausages are served at breakfast) is perhaps not as capable as the menu suggests. I feel this unfriendly approach to children is a very narrow minded approach to hospitality as many children know exactly how to behave in a restaurant, often more so than the adults!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highland Hotel and bunkhouse with bar serving lunch and dinner to non residents. Open daily 12-11pm. Lunch 12-3. Dinner 6.30-8.30. Serving only freshly cooked locally sourced food. Dinner reservations advised. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, LateRooms and Ebookers so you can book your Kinlochewe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kinlochewe Hotel Torridon
- Kinlochewe Hotel Scotland