The Commercial Hotel
US$105
US$91
US$84
Agoda.com
Premier Inn Glasgow (Motherwell) Hotel(Motherwell)(Great Value!)
US$95
Dakota Eurocentral(Motherwell)
US$108
US$104
The Alona Hotel(Motherwell)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewslight sleeperserved promptlythe pubchicken fajitasbar managertop floorsaturday afternoonyoung girlgreat value for moneya great staycomfortable roomnice atmospheremember of staffa great eveningcontinental breakfastfamily roomstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a night, and loved it! Parking facilities are right behind the hotel. The staff are welcoming, seems to be run by the pub underneath, which is also very friendly and clean with a great selection of drinks. The room was very clean and very modern and we loved it. It wasn't a huge room, but you didn't feel it was lacking. We had breakfast here and it was great, good choice and they were happy to meet any needs you had.
Would definitely recommend this place!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thecommercialho... W, Manager at The Commercial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Sorry it has taken so long for us to respond but we would like to thank you for staying with us and providing such a positive review, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed at the Commercial on the 31st October and although it is a part of a larger bar/nightclub which was busy that night, my room (in the attic) was on the top floor and I had a great night sleep, as I didn't really hear any noise - I think if your staying on a busy/weekend night, it may be worth doing likewise.
As previous reviewers have said, the attic room was spotless, nicely decorated and modern. I checked in (slightly early) with the manager, who was really friendly, as were the other members of staff I chatted to around the hotel. I was away on business until late, and popped into the bar at 11pm and was able to put in an order for breakfast the next day. The atmosphere in the bar was friendly, as were the staff. I would recommend the Commercial Hotel and will definitely stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Room 11 (the attic) is a large family sized room, comfortable for different sized groups.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Sorry for the late reply but we would like to thank you for posting such a positive review and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

went here for food on Sunday and the atmosphere in the bar were we were eating was awful this is our third time eating here and have noticed the tension in the air on many occasions. There is a manager who sits in the corner on her computer watching the staff who seem to be on edge. And she does not think twice of raising her voice to them when people around. The day I was there a member of staff walked out mid shift and i must say I would have done the same myself. Afterwards the locals/regulars explained this was not unusual that the staff turnover is bad. All in all our lunch was ruined and I hope the woman who walked out has found another job because my thoughts are with her

Room Tip: rooms look nice
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Janewils65
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on the 12th October as I was visiting a friend. We were able to leave our bags early and were already in our room when we went to check in. The rooms were lovely, very clean and comfy. The food was great and a great price too. The pub was great on a Saturday night and had a good atmosphere, I would definitely recommend the commercial to other people

Stayed: October 2013

Sorry for the late response but we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

We were in the family room in the attic and it was lovely. My only, exceedingly small, gripe would be that the bottom door to the hotel rooms was always ajar as it wasn't heavy enough to completely close on its own. With nobody to get past, anybody could walk in and it felt a wee bit of a security issue.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Karen G

We would like to thank you for your positive review. As for the door being left slightly ajar, this problem has been fixed in light of your comments. We hope you will stay with us again.