“good food indeed”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I know this restaurant since 15 years when I happened to have lived just around the corner and spend many times eating there.
Now living since many years in France i kind of return to this restaurant now and then and notice with pleasure that it not only still exists but that the food there is as good as ever. Maybe it has become a little less spicy over the years due to customer demand - but one can always ask for more spicy food. So if you happen to be in this region you might as well give it a try - i know there is alot of Indian restaurant competition out there - and many are very good too - but this one is just a little special to me...

1  Thank globaltravellerworld

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I live in London, but whenever I am in Hurley I always go to the Viceroy - I've been going there for the last 20 years . I went there a few weeks ago, ordered my food, had a phone call and had to leave straight away. The manager was so helpful - he gave me my food to take away, plus a couple of small bottles of wine which I wasn't aware of until after I left - I just wanted to say thank you and how thoughtful! I can't wait to get there again next summer! Cheers, Maureen.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I have visited on numerous occasions and am always assured of a very warm welcome and food that is totally consistent in quality and flavour. The menu is traditional but everything they do is beautifully flavoured and uses high quality ingredients. It never varies. Utterly reliable and consistently delicious whether in house or takeaway. Its what you should get from every restaurant.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Been here many times, and never disappoints us. My wife is very fussy, this is the only curry house she enjoys in the surrounding area. Super service and very friendly

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Two of us chose to eat here on a Friday evening. First impression of the small but spotlessly clean restaurant was very good, and we were quickly shown to a table for two which was suitably screened, sufficient to give you a level of privacy but not to remove your enjoyment of the atmosphere which pervaded the restaurant. The food is cooked and served to an exceptionally high standard, and we were not disappointed with our choices. Portion size is good, and quality is obviously high on the chef's tick list as the meals and side dishes were faultless for both taste and content.

Price wise this little gem sits a tad high, but to be fair, the quality and service are a cut above the rest and if it's worth having, it's worth paying a touch more for (not often you get me saying that either!). We will definitely return soon.