“A perfect place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Old Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bourne End
The Old Cottage
Ranked #1 of 1 Bourne End B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A perfect place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

We had a fantastic time staying at the Old Cottage. Jenny and Graham couldn't have been more welcoming, the house itself is lovely and we stayed in the King sized bedroom which was great, nice en suite and the bed was unbelievably comfortable! The cottage itself is no more than a 10 minute walk from the river and you can walk into either Bourne End or Cookham very easily for lots of different restaurants either on the river itself or on the village high streets. Marlow is also about a 5 minute drive away which offers lots more options and is also stunning, we had a great afternoon/evening there.

We wondered into Cookham for supper and ate at a place on the river called The Ferry which Graham and Jenny had recommended to us, it had a great menu which was far more adventurous than you'd expect to find in a village pub and was very lively. We decided to walk there as it was a nice evening and Graham had told us that if it started to rain he's come and pick us up rtaher than have to walk back and get wet! Thankfully we didn't have to even think about taking him up on it, but that just gives an indication of the kind of people they were! Really great hosts. I hope we'll be coming back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank triandswim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2010

I came across The Old Cottage by accident when my preferred hotel was taken over by a wedding party! Will I go back to the hotel again - not after my great night at Graham and Jenny's delightful house. They were there when I needed them, but I also had my own space - not always the case in B & B's. It was very convenient to Bourne End and the Railway Station. I also visited Cliveden - a National Trust Property nearby (remember Christine Keeler and The Profumo Affair) and a quaint little church on at hill at Hedsor - I think it was called St. Nicholas. It would have been a great base for touring had my stay been for pleasure and not business. There were very pretty views from the back of the house over the fields. The rooms were "country cottage" style and the bed was very comfortable. They even provided dressing gowns! The breakfast was excellent and set me up for the rest of the day. Thank you very much for a great stay - and sorry, I forgot to mention that the price was excellent value for money.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Macdonald Compleat Angler
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
#1 of 7 in Beaconsfield

Been to The Old Cottage? Share your experiences!