“Friendly and helpful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Old Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bourne End
The Old Cottage
Ranked #1 of 1 Bourne End B&B and Inns
“Friendly and helpful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We arrived very tired after a day walking the Thames and were welcomed with a pot of tea and home made chocolate brownies. Jenny was very helpful and unfazed about us spilling hot chocolate on her carpet, and Graham gave us a lift to the local pub for dinner which we really appreciated!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My boyfriend and I visited Bourne End for a wedding and stayed one night at The Old Cottage. I arrived weary after flying into Gatwick that morning and thank goodness Jenny and Graham allowed me to check in early so that I could use the room before the wedding. Jenny was very helpful, providing everything I needed. The room was spotless and comfortable and had a balcony. Breakfast was very nice (fresh berries, yoghurts, cereals, orange juice, toast and tea/coffee - good quality) and we enjoyed speaking with the owners about our travels. We were then offered a lift to the nearby wedding venue to pick up our rental car which we had left their over night. I would recommend this bed and breakfast to all and would very happily stay there again! Thank you Jenny and Graham. You made us feel at home, which was a lovely feeling as we live miles away in Hong Kong!

Room Tip: We stayed in the double room which is not ensuite, but the lovely bathroom is just around the corner...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Southam, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I went to a wedding in Bourne End at the weekend and stayed at The Old Cottage for two nights. Jenny and Graham were extremely welcoming and friendly from the off and that didn't change all weekend. The B&B is very clean, comfortable, warm and friendly; and the Full English was well cooked, nice and hot and very delicious. The names written on chalk boards hanging on the bedroom doors was a lovely touch. This B&B is to be thoroughly recommended and if I'm back in the area again, I will certainly contact them to see if they have a room available.

Room Tip: There are 3 rooms, the one I stayed in was a twin and looked over the back garden with a tremendous...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My friend and I stayed at The Old Cottage on 25th and 26th July 2014 to attend a wedding. We were made to feel extremely welcome by Jenny and Graham after a long and tiring journey. The bedroom was lovely with the most comfortable beds. Breakfast was delicious, lovely fresh fruit with yogurt and the full English breakfast was beautifully cooked. We were made to feel so at home in this beautiful cottage with its lovely garden.
I will definately stay again. Thanks to Jenny and Graham their guest house is a True Gem!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

On our 3 nights stay we were made to feel very welcome even when we turned up we were given tea or coffee and biscuits in the lounge. Breakfast Excellent, Room Excellent perfect for familys.
Run by a lovely friendly couple who made us feel rights at home
Many Thanks to you both
Hope to see you soon

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have stayed at The Old Cottage on several occasions, the most recent being in March 2013. I have always meant to write a review! It is a lovely B&B. Jenny and Graham are wonderful hosts, and welcome you into their home. The bedrooms (I have stayed in all three) are all nicely decorated, clean and the beds super comfortable! The breakfasts are delicious. The dining room looks out across the back garden to the fields beyond. The house cat will probably be meowing at you through the french doors to come in! From the B&B you can walk into the village of Bourne End, take a stroll along the River Thames, or catch a train into London for a day of shopping or to see the sights. You are an easy drive from Marlow & Henley, and many tourist destinations such as Windsor Castle, and Hampton Court.
I'm looking forward to my next visit...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Scotland UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Spent one night here only sorry we could not stay for another night but we had to move on, Jenny and Graham were perfect hosts extremely friendly and made us feel very welcome as did the friendly cat who decided that she liked our king room as much as we did, husbands fault as he left the door open but made us feel very much at home. Breakfast was a treat Lovely fresh fruit and yoghurt lots of cereal plenty of toast butter and jams. Highly recommend

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cliveden House
#1 of 2 in Taplow
Hotel ibis budget Beaconsfield
Premier Inn Marlow Hotel

Been to The Old Cottage? Share your experiences!