“Lovely location but...”

Hotel Bahia Taganga
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Taganga
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Like a previous reviewer the girl didn't have my reservation- we don't work with Expedia- but the manager turned up and found it. I had emailed asking for an extension but they didn't reply. As I was the only guest for one of the nights they should be trying harder. There is no hot water on the lower floors but I wasn't offered an upper room. The views are all great and breakfast alone on the top floor made me feel like a rich villa owner with a personal staff.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AndrewtLondon

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Do yourself a favor and move along to another hotel. The owner isn't welcoming at all. From the moment I entered to check in, he treated me like a pest. The wifi was broken, and after a day or two I finally called to let him know. He mumbled something in spanish and then hung up on me. I found the router myself and reset it. The level of wind noise is outrageous. It's hard to describe because it's not to be believed. Easily 50mph winds every night. The beds are really hard as well as the pillows. They do not have 'do not disturb' signs so you'll get a knock at your door every morning whether you like it or not. And if you're asleep, they'll enter, because THERES NO DEADBOLT OR SECURITY CHAIN on the inside. Even if you book a sea view, they'll try to give you an interior room, and if you call them on it, you're the rude one, and you therefore get the worst available sea view, ie, you can see a smidgeon of water. The showers have NO HOT WATER, and the 'hot tub' ahem.... Isn't hot or even heated from what I could tell. Get a room at the Swedish place Svens or the like.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DenverCorey
Reviewed 24 January 2014

this hotel is no good. simple as that. rooms are dirty, staff is not good (did not have our reservation, spent 30 minutes figuring out what to do at 11pm when we were exhausted), sheets were gross, room was tiny. all good if price was cheap, but it was not. definitely not recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2014

It's hard to review this one. So I will use bulletpoints

* Service it's not great. At the reception they are very kind and nice. As soon as you get to
the pool they forget about you. If you want something you should go get it.
* The rooms are ok. Just ok. No minibar.
* Way too much stairs.

Long story short. It's a nice place but way overpriced. With great hostels in Taganga that offers you almost the same, you would expect something else that Bahía Taganga fails to deliver.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Lovely. Needed a place to decompress after our trek. Really pretty. We stayed in the new building. AC was great, fans, lovely balcony, wonderful sea view, stylish appearance of room, nice space. Miss it already. There wasn’t REALLY hot water, barely lukewarm.

Room Tip: Get a room w a balcony and a seaview - it's worth the price!
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I can`t say enough about this hotel! It is located in the tiny fishing village of Taganga, Colombia. The staff there are top notch! Pedro, the `jack-of-all-trades`, as I called him, was great with translation from English to Spanish, as ours wasn't the best ... The kitchen staff, including Nancy, whom we saw every day of our 5-day stay, were so friendly, and went out of their way to make sure our meals were fantastic! Otilia made sure that our room was always ready, no matter what time we left ... and she is a beautiful person that I miss dearly! Last, but definitely not least, Ruben at the front desk, was so awesome! Even tho there was a bit of a language gap,he made us laugh so many times ... Best of all may be my 'zapata' incident, which I imagine they still laugh over! We made friends for life with so many there, and I can't wait to go back someday! Amazing views, built into the mountain overlooking the fishing boats, great service, amazing food, and friendly, awesome folks that work there! We were only going to stay 3 nights, but couldn't get ourselves to leave! Note ... I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who has a problem with stairs. There is no elevator. I would definitely recommend the Hotel Bahia Taganga to anyone who travels near Santa Marta or Cartagena ... Bus service to and from is cheap and door-to-door. Thank u so very much everyone ... You all made our trip to Colombia one that we will never forget! You HAVE to go here!!!!!

Room Tip: We had room 405 which was perfect in every way!
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Bahia Hotel in Taganga is not really good. The room is not very clean and very small. The air conditionner is too noisy. Actually we have No light in our bathroom. This way, if you stay just one night like me, it's ok. But No more.

• Stayed: July 2013