“Good day diving”

Ranked #1 of 22 Taganga B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Good day diving”
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I am already a qualified diver and did a couple of fun dives with Tayrona Dive Centre which I really enjoyed. The equipment was good and they took some good photos of the dive. If you are looking for a professional dive centre would recommend them.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank SalO17

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cartagena, Colombia
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I'm just writing to say what a fantastic time I had in Taganga thanks to the Tayrona Dive Centre!
When I arrived to ask questions about the PADI certification the receptionist was so friendly and helpful (and speaks excellent English... which was good for me because sadly my Spanish is terrible). She answered all my questions and even some I didn't know to ask.
I signed up for the 3-day PADI certification and also booked an ocean view room with them.
The room was clean, nice and had a beautiful view (as well as a deck with hammock, fridge, large comfortable bed and private bathroom all of which were appreciated at the end of a long day diving).
I am also very happy with the course. My instructor was Gustavo and for the first day I was lucky enough to have one-on-one instruction. Gustavo did an excellent job teaching, reviewing and answering any questions. I felt very comfortable the whole time because of his approach to teaching. The second and third day a Colombian couple was with us, but I still felt I got plenty of attention and guidance.
I'm so happy I did the course and that I had such a great experience.
All the staff at Tayrona Dive Centre are very kind, friendly and knowledgable! Definitely recommend them :)

Room Tip: The room without the view is cheaper, but for the little additional cost of the ocean view room I wo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mary T
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are long term travellers and wanted to take a longer break from moving from place to place. Our room and view sealed the deal and we ended up staying for a month! The owners and staff are all very friendly and have great knowledge of the sights and activities in the area.

They also organize diving and snorkel day trips to a nearby coral island. We loved seeing all the marine life and were well taken care of throughout the day; they served a light lunch and cold refreshments that definitely hit the spot.

The room price was average for a tourist town, but the room was very spacious and had a great view. My only wish was that we could have had access to a kitchen, but the restaurant right above the hotel made up for it with delicious food.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nedamame
Paris, France
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Fair prices, Big rooms, Friendly Colombian staff... Nothing else to ask nor to say. Great Place. Just feel like home, very confortable with a lot of space. All in all: Good value for money! Just come !!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Paris
Reviewed 25 March 2013

This Hotel is very clean, good view if you have a room on the bay and very confortable for a good price. I enjoyed the super friendly staff and the atmosphere quiet and not "party like". They have a dive center with good equipment and will help you for your stay in Santa Marta and Taganga.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taganga
Hotel Casa D'mer Taganga
La Ballena Azul Hotel
La Ballena Azul Hotel
#8 of 12 in Taganga
ApartaHotel el Oasis
ApartaHotel el Oasis
#3 of 12 in Taganga
Villa Maria Tayrona - a Kali Hotel
Villa Maria Tayrona - a Kali Hot...
#1 of 3 in Tayrona National Park
Casa de Isabella - a Kali Hotel
Hotel Jaba Nibue
Hotel Jaba Nibue
#10 of 12 in Taganga

Been to Tayrona Dive Center? Share your experiences!