“WILD, WET, FUN & EXCITING ADVENTURE!!!!!!”

Shubenacadie River Runners
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Maitland
Truro, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“WILD, WET, FUN & EXCITING ADVENTURE!!!!!!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

What an amazing way to spend a day! Out on the Shuneacadie river Tidal bore rafting!!!

Getting to experience the tidal bore in person and essentially get to experience it as a part of it is simply incredible!! Our boat operator and Guide "Chelsey" was outstanding, very knowledgeable about the river, the area and kept great care of all aboard.... The ride in the rapids created by the tidal bore are amazing, breath taking( Literally!!) and just WILD!!! SO much fun,I had a fried visiting from Newfoundland and had to some how out do seeing whales and Icebergs..... and I am pretty sure I succeeded.. Thank you Shubenacadie River Runners for providing an amazing day.. One that will never be forgotten... !

Welland, Canada
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“A Natural Amusement Park Ride”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I took this adventure along with our two children (ages 7 and 10). What a blast! We were smiling and laughing the entire time. We were head to toe soaked with muddy river water and we could not have had more fun getting dirty. Our guide, Tom, was great and made sure everyone was happy. Some helpful advice - make sure you wear clothes that you would not mind discarding if necessary. Also, bring soap and shampoo as there are showers available at the facility that you will probably want to use. Thirdly, if you are bringing young children, the 2-hour tour is plenty of time for youngsters. I highly recommend making time to do this while in Nova Scotia.

1 Thank rhiaus
“You have to try it.”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My sister and I have gone two years in a row.The first we had Emma and this year Nicole. The company andall the staff are great warm and friendly.The teach you thing about the area.All in all it was a great experence. We are going to make it a yearly event. THANK YOU so much.

Truro, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Wet, Wild and lots of fun.”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My sister and I have done this twice now, we brought friends the second time. We had Emma first year and this year we had Nicole, both lots of fun. The first one is called Giggles and it's well named. Then the laughing continues the whole trip. The Haystacks and High Voltage are crazy fun. The full day is worth it for High Voltage (one of the last 3 sets) and the BBQ after. We're going to make this an annual trip now.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The best time!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Seriously you must do this .. this company was great, they were warm and fun and showed us a GREAT time. While we saw other companies out on the water we seemed to be having more fun . We got to get out and walk on a sandbar in the middle of the river which no one else did either .. we did the 2 hr which was totally perfect .. river runners is your choice

1 Thank tanya j