The Nags Head
The Crown Inn(Amersham)
US$185
US$172
Agoda.com
Abbey Lodge Hotel(High Wycombe)
US$70
Clifton Lodge Hotel(High Wycombe)
US$88
Premier Inn High Wycombe Central Hotel(High Wycombe)(Great Value!)
US$74
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Ambassador Court Hotel(High Wycombe)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$67
Agoda.com
US$45
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe pubsticky toffee puddinglemon tartselection of beershave eaten hereduckroast potatoeslow beamsbed and breakfastan evening mealfor sunday lunchbooked a tablemain coursecouple of nightsnice roomaccommodationchilterns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We ate here recently with a Travelzoo Offer. Even though its close to home, it's the first time we'd been for several years and its changed tremendously. The food was excellent,with a very good selection of varied dishes in all courses. Staff were friendly and attentive. Decor/ambience was very pleasant and tasteful. Someone has obviously invested a lot of money in the place. On a Wednesday night it was pretty full. A very enjoyable meal and would certainly go back again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Having already eaten at the Bricklayers arms, which is the sister pub of the nags head, me and my girlfriend decided to try the Nags head for lunch on NYE. As much as I liked the Bricklayers arms, I think the Nags Head is better. It feels a bit more warming & welcoming when you walk in and the setting is lovely, perched right in the rolling countryside in the heart of the Chilterns. The service was excellent and despite the fact they were closing at 4, they weren't too pushy to get us out of there. I went for the fish and chips, which was delicious. The batter was lovely and crispy and the haddock was soft and flakey, just the way that fish & chips should be, with hand cut chips and peas on the side and a delicious tartare sauce. Then I had the fruit crumble and custard, which finished the meal of perfectly as the fruit was a mixture of sweet & sour. Even the bread was great, lovely and warm with home made butter. We paid £32 per person, which represents excellent value.I'll definitely be making a trip back there in the summer!

On the drive up there there are numerous banners voicing concerns about HS2. I sincerely hope that HS2 doesn't go ahead, because little hidden gems like this will really suffer if the government gives it the go ahead.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We had a meal here on the Christmas menu. The food was really really good fillet steak was lovely. It may not be the cheapest place but the quality was excellent. The surrounds of the pub are really nice i would definitely go back again to eat.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2013

If you want something a little special then the Nags Head is worth a visit. Look for the slightly unusual - Pigs Cheek was very tasty! Busy lunchtime but the service was excellent and we were done in just over an hour - not that we were rushed by the staff - that was our choice and could have stayed as long as we liked.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed overnight with my wife for a local business meeting. The pub is very quaint and had a lovely atmosphere. The food is pretty good as is the service. We paid £115 for B&B which for the size room was a bit too much. The room (no.7) was the smallest I have ever stayed in. I banged my head on the ceiling lights and could not even lean over the sink to shave as my head hit the mirror and my backside the radiator. I would have burnt my butt if the heating was on - which is was not and the room was freezing on arrival. I think there may be bigger rooms but ours was not one of them! The bed was a standard double but very comfortable. The door is only locks with the key - so don't forget to lock it from the inside before you go to bed!

Room Tip: Not room 7 if you are over 5'6" or staying as a couple.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business