“Always a warm welcome, excellent food, not a piazza but a quintessential English setting”

Graziemille Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We were introduced to Graziemille when looking for a wedding reception venue for our daughter and son-in-law's wedding in 2000 - somewhere a little different in a popular year for weddings. Franco, Victoria and Giovanni inspired us all with their expertise, professionalism and warmth and nobody was disappointed. Since that wonderful day we have celebrated many an occasion as well as impromptu meals and have been very satisfied. Next year we will celebrate our Golden Wedding and will be looking to Graziemille once again to make it an occasion to remember. Graziemille, The Cock and Rabbit and the village green at The Lee have been featured in ITV's 'Midsummer Murders'.

There are newer reviews for Graziemille Restaurant

Reviewed 1 August 2013

OK, I know I don't sing from the same hymn sheet as other people on many things, if I sing at all, which I don't, but I seriously couldn't believe some of the reviews as I love this place! Their Graziemille pasta is one of my all time favourite dishes and I always look forward to treating myself to it again. The staff have always been welcoming and friendly and the location is beautiful. To anyone considering eating here- try a sunny lunchtime and sit in the garden. I intend to go back for my birthday and always like to choose it for family occasions. I have had the odd experience there which was not 100% but to me, a bad day at Graziemille is like a good day anywhere else so I was still happy.

1  Thank kjpopo
Reviewed 13 September 2012

This was the first time that we have had a truly dreadful meal and felt it was so bad i needed to write about it. Four of us went on a Friday in August having booked. When we got there the interior was like a 1950's living room, very very strange looking and bizarre decor. We hoped that the food would make up for it. I should have realised when there was only one other table with people on it at 7.30 on a friday. They describe themselves as a Italain family restaurant but again the clue should have been when the menu on the wall included burgers and baguettes. The starter was clearly a frozen and cooked brie with one piece of lettuce. one had mushrooms on toast which was incredibly salty. The main course's were nothing like even half way decent italian. The worst was kept to last, firstly they had no vanilla icecream and then two portions of apple ple arrived which were clearly shop bought with 95% of the pastry missing and two small bits of broken pastry placed strategically on top of mushed up apple. It was absolutely farsical, i have never seen anything like it. I think the shock of how bad it was prevented us from saying anything and we were having a nice time with friends we had not seen for a long time so the chat and company kept the evening going. When the bill came it was not a itemised bill so we had no idea how much the bottle of wine was. They were having a wedding there the following day and were actually moving the tables around us and boxing us in and laying them up for the wedding. They were clearly desperate to get us out even though when we booked they told us about the wedding and said we would be seated else where as they had to sort it out. They clearly forgot this as there were only two tables booked and bunged us in the restaurant.
We paid (something i would usually never do having had such a bad experience) and laughed and laughed when we got out.
I would NEVER go back and would reccomend one and all to find a quality italian restaurant, which this isnt.

6  Thank Alison3860
Reviewed 5 June 2012

great service/cappacio devine and lovely garden.Reasonable prices for drinks and great pasta

Reviewed 13 May 2012

We had arranged a drive in the Chilterns and pub lunch with friends and my husband searched for somewhere new and decided on the Cock and Rabbit with its Italian menu as we just adore Italy and everything that goes with it.
Oh dear. Once we got over the old fashioned vibe, we thought it quite charming in a quirky way. I noticed none of the staff seemed to smile much.....when 4 young children were plonked down in the bar at the table right next to us, minus parents, we decided it was time to move next door for our meal.
I ordered chicken on a bed of vegetables as my main, having had a rather tasteless insalata of bacon, feta and avocado as starter. What I got was a deep fried greasy piece of chicken with spagetti. When I queried it, the grumpy old waiter brought the menu and jabbed his finger against the dish he insisted I had ordered. I decided not to make a fuss and eat it. Horror upon horror, the chicken smelt strange and tasted off - my friend and my husband both said it was vile. Called our exceedingly grumpy waiter back - he did not apologise in any way, other than offer me an alternative. By now I had lost my appetite and just wanted to finish with the whole experience. Expensive, disappointing, time to retire guys?

5  Thank alison_fowles