“Fantastic visit, warm welcome and superb food (38 of us)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cock and Rabbit

Cock and Rabbit
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pub, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Fantastic visit, warm welcome and superb food (38 of us)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We attended a function on a beautiful Sunday afternoon (38 in the group), so were able to eat on the veranda at the rear of the pub. My mate has been visiting regularly for 18 years of the 20+ years that Gianfranco has been running it. He loves the place. Was a bit wary after reading some of the reviews. Whilst I agree with some of the negative comments over the aged condition of certain areas of the pub, I found that it added to the charm. Staff were brilliant and the food was quite superb, with all 38 pretty much eating at the same time. Pasta Arabiatta was wonderful (and fresh). Wife loved the Salmon Pasta. Setting for the pub is a wonderfully quiet village, a typical English idyll. A great afternoon, made all the better by our time at the Cock and Rabbit.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Chris S

London, United Kingdom
“As Time Goes By”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Just like being lost in unfamiliar territory as so often has been recreated in old movies, my family as tired and hungry travellers stumbled across an old Inn tucked away and as we believed at the time, off the beaten track; the Inn we discovered, looking mysteriously interesting was in fact the Cock and Rabbit. Actually the Inn is not too far off said beaten track being located near the A413 at Great Missenden between Wendover and Chesham. Its appearance has attracted commercial location finders and therefore unsurprisingly it has been used regularly as a location in the popular television programme Midsomer Murders. The Inn has an attractive rarity quality where Englishness has befriended the traditional Italian, a perfect combination for quality cuisine. Whether you are visiting for lunch or for dinner or indeed have lost your way as we did, the Inn’s dining area and Graziemille attached restaurant are most accommodating with an excellent menu from which diners choices of cuisine are prepared perfectly at most reasonable prices. We shall definitely arrange another visit to enjoy stepping back in time at the Cock and Rabbit, but the next occasion will be a planned journey along the beaten track.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank charles s
“Lunch.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My hubby has wanted to visit this pub again after spending an afternoon there with a friend many years ago.
We had the chicken milinase with spaghetti. It was absolutely delicious. No complaints about the good what so ever. However, I couldn't wait to get out of there.
What is an environment that's stuck in a time warp it is very quaint but sadly not very clean.
We sat by the bar next to a window. The top of the benches were dusty and I'm sure a pile of old books were infested by book worms bur for me the thing that made my skin crawl was the cob webs, dead flying insects on the window sill.
The ladies toilet smelt of damp and the toilet tissue had that damp feel. Although tidy not very clean.
I'm no clean freak but I have to say I was glad to get back in car.
I will go again but on a hot day when we can sit in the garden.
On a positive note the staff were friendly and attentive.

Bletchley, England, United Kingdom
“Surprise,Surprise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had no idea exactly where we were when we found this amazing place, great reception, fantastic food and service and the wine wasn't bad either, made a 78th birthday special.

• Visited June 2014
Great Missenden, United Kingdom
“DELIGHTFUL LUNCH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I visited on Monday for lunch with 4 elderly residents from a local nursing home, and 2 carers. We were greeted by Vicki and Franco the owners who were charming and helpful. We had wheelchairs with us so they rearranged their front garden to accommodate us all. The food and service was wonderful. We visited their bird averies in the rear garden, with the help of Vicki, who even helped us manouvere the wheelchairs. The feedback I had afterwards from the resident's that I had with me was amazing. They said they'd all had a lovely time, that it was once of the beast trips, and asked if we could arrange another visit soon.

1 Thank mlwright23