“Exceeded expectations”

Rounceval House Hotel
Missouri
“Exceeded expectations”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The only complaint was that the bathtub was about 1 meter long and obviously designed for small children and midgets. The room was smallish. Those were the absolute most one could possibly complain about

Everything else - terrific!!! Nice host, great breakfast, wonderful historic building. Everything was top notch and first class

I would really give it 4.5 "stars" but can only grade things in whole numbers, so I rounded up.

Room Tip: I think any room would be fine
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We booked a few rooms for a local family event, and were presented with a well presented, pleasant B&B. the rooms were very clean, well kept and of a good size.

A breakfast was of good quality, and there was just no hassle. Overall, just had a nice stay. When we return, we will stay here again. Good job guys.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed last weekend 5th April as two couples, cleanliness 10, breakfast 10, comfort 10, friendliness 10. Don't hesitate - I can't imagine you'll find better in the locale. Honesty bar in the evening, nice touch.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Percy M
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Just returned from a short beak and stayed just one night in this lovely little gem of a hotel. Full of character. Warm and welcoming. Clean and comfortable. What more could one ask for except a fabulous breakfast and this was also delivered! Couldn't fault anything. Plenty of choice. Good friendly service and everything spotlessly clean.
Big advantage is the on site parking which is certainly needed in this busy little town.
Would recommend and will return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed at Rounceval House for two nights, while visiting the town to attend a workshop with TV’s “Fabulous Baker Brothers”, whose shop is just up the road. Our host was friendly and welcoming and the historic house was spacious and well maintained. Our room was huge, to the extent that it was difficult to hear and see the television because it was so far away from the comfortable bed! Everything we could expect from a bed and breakfast was included with the room, and I would happily have spent more time indoors had there not been so many wonderful shops and restaurants in the small town to explore.

To be very picky, I would say the rooms and the rest of the hotel were quite drab and could do with a splash of colour or a plant or two, and the eco-friendly lighting is quite harsh.

Breakfast was plentiful and catered to every taste. The menu only offers the choice of continental or full English, but on day two, we went off piste and ordered scrambled and boiled eggs and another guest asked for porridge, all of which were cheerfully provided.

I would certainly go out of my way to stay here again when travelling anywhere near the area in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I've stayed at this beautiful B&B twice, in December last year and December 2014, and thoroughly enjoyed myself there both times! My girls and hubby joined me this year, and Mark gave us two rooms that were quite exclusive in the wing up a little staircase to the right of the lobby. Hubby and I had the honeymoon room, where the bath tub and toilet are part of the bedroom, separated only by curtains! Staying in that room was a totally new experience for us! The service gets better with each stay. Mark is a lovely host and is really the reason for why this wonderful B&B is such a great place to stay in! I would recommend it to anyone visiting Chipping Sodbury!

Room Tip: Tell Mark if you're there for a romantic getaway!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I only stayed here for one night, but it would have been a pleasure to stay longer. This hotel is simply charming.
Upon arrival, from the outside the hotel looks like you are stepping back in time. Thankfully there is a car park, which is a good thing as the village seems to be very popular with lots of cars parked on the road.
A simple check-in upon arrival, no hassle at all. My room was on the second floor, up two sets of original wooden stairs.
I was delighted with my room, a little vestibule as I unlocked my door, opening into a clean and bright room, with some beautiful original features. Great free wifi, with a strong signal, so I could get on with my work.
The bathroom was bright and spotlessly clean with a very powerful shower.
Breakfast was served in a lovely breakfast room downstairs with a selection of continental breakfast or full English.
Overall I found this hotel so lovely that I am looking forward to visiting my customer again so that I can stay here again, maybe for a little longer this time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
#1 of 4 in Chipping Sodbury
The Cross Hands Hotel
The Cross Hands Hotel
#2 of 4 in Old Sodbury

Been to Rounceval House Hotel? Share your experiences!