“Enjoyable day tour covering a lot of ground”

Jungle Tours And Trekking
Book In Advance
More Info
US$203.97*
and up
Daintree Rainforest Zipline and Wildlife Habitat Day Trip
More attraction details
Owner description: Jungle Tours operates out of Cairns and Port Douglas and specialises in day and extended tours to Cape Tribulation and the Daintree - where the oldest rainforest in the world meets the Reef. Travelling with informative guides on air-conditioned buses, tours can include the Wildlife Habitat, Daintree River Cruise, guided rainforest walks, Jungle Surfing, Cape Tribulation Beach, Tropical Lunch and Alexandra Lookout. On extended tours, various levels of accommodation are offered, from backpacker dorms to deluxe retreats, with plenty of options to party. Extra activities vary from reef trips, to horse-riding, jungle surfing and sea kayaking.
Reviewed 7 February 2014

For a budget tour I really enjoyed this day out. The Habitat Centre was fun, informative & easy to get around in. The Rainorest hike in the Daintree was lovely even though it rained I learned a lot and was amazed that parts of this forest were over 100 million years old! I didn't want to do the croc cruise on the Daintree River so we waited prob 15 mins before continuing on. You have to be patient on this tour because there are a few pick ups & drop offs to be done....tip: take a good insect repellant!

There are newer reviews for Jungle Tours And Trekking

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We went on the Go Troppo overnight tour on the 9th of January 2014 and were not impressed with the trip at all. We hope our review can help some other budget travellers like ourselves to make a choice about whether or not to take the Go Troppo tour. Below is a copy of the email we sent to Jungle Tours a fortnight ago - unfortunately they have not yet replied to our complaint:

We are writing to you regarding the Go Troppo tour that we took on 9th January. We chose the tour because it suited our budget and seemed to enable us to experience some of the areas of Northern Queensland that we wanted to visit. We were, however, far from satisfied with the trip.

- it was advertised that food would be available to purchase on the trip and thus we were understandably surprised when our driver informed us that in fact we needed to buy this from the supermarket at the wildlife habitat (at 9am). This meant taking time from this aspect of the tour which, it transpired, would be our only activity until around 14.30. We have spoken with friends who have taken different trips and were able to purchase lunch at a pub or cafe at lunchtime.
- we were the only two people on the trip without the lunch option so felt isolated from the group whilst everyone else was eating together. We actually found this experience quite embarrassing.
- whilst the others were on the boat trip, we waited for 40 minutes on one side of the river and then following the cable ferry there was another wait for around 20 minutes or so.

We appreciate we chose a budget option and this would mean that perhaps we would not be able to do everything that everyone else did. However, it was most disappointing that from finishing at the Wildlife Habitat at 10.30 to starting the rainforest boardwalk at 14.30, we did almost nothing apart from wait for others to do activities and eat lunch. We have spoken to others who took different budget day tours and who were offered different low cost or cost free activities whilst other group members did different things. Overall, for a day trip of 8 hours we spent around 2 hours 45 minutes actually participating in activities which I feel is unacceptable even for a budget trip.

Overall, the budget option of this particular tour felt disjointed, poorly organised and extremely lacking in activities besides sitting on a bus.

I hope you can take this into account for future tours. At present we would not recommend Go Troppo to others following our experience of this trip, as we felt that we were not able to make the most of our one chance of visiting this amazing area and we are quite disappointed with our experience.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

CaPTA_Group, Owner at Jungle Tours And Trekking, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. We always appreciate comments our guests may have so we can address any issues concerning a particular tour.

Firstly I would like to apologise for your original email not being responded to. At the time it was received, myself and several other key members of staff were on annual leave, and unfortunately the email was not followed up on appropriately. We have since reviewed our complaints procedure and put mechanisms in place to ensure this will not happen again.

With regards to the “Go Troppo” Tour, to guarantee daily departures, on occasion we code-share with our other Cape Tribulation day tours with Jungle Tours. On such days, passengers travelling together will have different inclusions but this should be clearly explained by the driver guide.

We pride ourselves on having qualified and experienced driver guides to provide full commentary and interpretive information. On days where we codeshare, our drivers have been trained to give guests travelling on the “Go Troppo” option additional information and commentary on Cape Tribulation and the Daintree rainforest whilst the other passengers are experiencing their inclusions, so that they feel engaged with and not like they’re just waiting around. On the day in question, your guide was still quite new, and whilst that is certainly no excuse, we are providing ongoing driver guide training to continually improve the high standard of our driver guides.

I can assure you that we have taken on board your comments and will keep them under serious consideration, as we are currently reviewing our tour itineraries to see how we can improve these for the next touring season commencing 1st April. We are also investigating additional free activities that we can add to the “Go Troppo” itinerary.

With regards to lunch, currently there are several opportunities to purchase food and drinks prior to lunchtime. Items are also available for purchase at our current lunch spot, however the IGA shop across from the Wildlife Habitat presents the most options. We are also reviewing the itinerary to provide more opportunities for purchasing food.

- Ben Woodward, Family Owner / Sales Director.

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked this tour before we even left home (South Africa), for AUD200 which is R2000 for us, through the jungle surfing site as the main thing we wished to do was the zip lining in Cape Tribulation and we needed the transport to and from Port Douglas.

What made our trip so awful with Jungle Tours was that: 1. The so called "Picnic lunch" that is included, was absolutely terrible. It looked like it had been sitting for days. There was no butter to even put on the bread rolls! I have a picture which I took which I will upload. Quite frankly, I would not give that food to my dogs!

2. On the site, it was not disclosed that we would have to pay an EXTRA AUD25 to go on a river cruise. The alternative to this was to sit in the heat and simply wait. One would think that when you go on a tour there will be activities on the go all day.

My boyfriend and I have been on some "okayish" tours that weren't really worth the money paid but we just put it down to experience, but this was the absolute worst tour I have ever been on. I would not recommend it to anyone as they would just be wasting a $200 that could be used on going on a tour that is actually worth the money.

1  Thank senlessem
CaPTA_Group, Owner at Jungle Tours And Trekking, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

We’re sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience on our day tour. I have personally responded to the email sent by your boyfriend, however I thought it would be appropriate to also respond to your concerns here on Tripadvisor.

This is the first complaint we have received about the picnic lunch under our current supplier, so we will continue to monitor the standard and quality of the food that we receive from them. Considering the picnic lunch is served in the rainforest, the items included as shown in your photo (rolls, cheese, spreads, salad, fruit, and cold meats) are all suitable and realistic inclusions, although your photo does show these items after they've been partially consumed by the day tour's passengers.

With regards to the high cost of the tour, if you consider the retail costs of its inclusions ($90 for Jungle Surfing, $32 for entry into Wildlife Habitat, $23 for return ferry, $15 for lunch), the day tour actually presents as extremely good value, and I doubt you would be able to keep the costs at under $200 by hiring a vehicle and self-driving for the day.

The Daintree River Cruise has not been included in the ‘Go Jungle Surfing Day Tour’ as we are mindful that we still need to keep the overall cost of the tour down, so therefore the driver guide encourages passengers to upgrade to the cruise if they are interested in doing so. However we have taken on board feedback from some of our passengers that they would prefer to have the cruise included, and we will be introducing a new option including this for the next touring season commencing in April.

We pride ourselves on having qualified and experienced driver guides who provide full commentary and interpretive information throughout the day, and see this a key point of difference that our customers have on our day tour experience. In your boyfriend’s email, it was positive to hear that he found your driver guide Sam to be friendly, knowledgeable and professional at all times.

- Ben Woodward, Family Owner / Sales Director.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We only did the one day trip with Jungle Tours as I wish we had more time to stay overnight in beautiful Cape Tribulation.

During our full day, we got an amazing up close look at all the wild animals that are located in TNQ, even held a Koala (that pooped in my gf's hand :) which you cant do everywhere. We chose a nice weather day to cruise the Daintree river and saw some baby crocs. Finishing off with a rainforest excursion walk allowed us to escape the heat and learn about the ecosystem and see some of the interesting ground dwellers. Chilling on Cape Trib was a perfect way to finish the trip and then back to Cairns.

Highlight that everyone will remember, the Biodynamic Ice Cream and its unusual array of tasty flavours in the middle of the rainforest. three tubs wasnt enough.

Thanks Travis, great host.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

If you join this tour and are greeted by a beautiful barefooted hippie gal with dreads to her tush, you are in GREAT hands. I'll admit that I was a bit apprehensive before joining this tour, after hearing from a couple people at the hostel that it was mediocre at best. Fortunately the tour exceed by expectations BY FAR! Nic was one of the best guides I have had, and I've been on a LOT of tours. She has an abundant knowledge of the local area, being raised in the rainforest, and brought the history of the area to a personal and understandable level that was easy to connect with. Although the tour is a bit expensive, keep in mind that you are paying for gas (3 hours from Cairns each way), entrance to a wildlife refugee, scenic croc cruise, and entrance into the Daintree Rainforest... and lunch. I'd say it's a lot of bang for your buck and a must-see for anyone visiting Cairns area. Absolutely loved it.

1  Thank Linney_Lee