“Great trip - loved it”

US$194.12*
and up
Daintree Rainforest Zipline and Wildlife Habitat Day Trip
More attraction details
Owner description: Jungle Tours operates out of Cairns and Port Douglas and specialises in day and extended tours to Cape Tribulation and the Daintree - where the oldest rainforest in the world meets the Reef. Travelling with informative guides on air-conditioned buses, tours can include the Wildlife Habitat, Daintree River Cruise, guided rainforest walks, Jungle Surfing, Cape Tribulation Beach, Tropical Lunch and Alexandra Lookout. On extended tours, various levels of accommodation are offered, from backpacker dorms to deluxe retreats, with plenty of options to party. Extra activities vary from reef trips, to horse-riding, jungle surfing and sea kayaking.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I can say this trip was the highlight, the trip took us all the way to Cape Tribulation. We spent a night at the Beach House - which was amazing and then spent the day playing on the beach - and it was basically all to ourselves.

Driver was friendly, and the trip while long was worth it - never been to a more pristine place. Would do it again. Big thank you to everyone at the Beach House as well - treated well and had a great time!

Do it ! Cape Trib is going to be remembered by us for a long time!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I had 2days trip with Jungle tours to Cape Tribulation. Its unbelieveble, but they left me in the rain forest. Second day was pick up time 2,30pm, I came 2,35pm and there was nobody. ONLY 5 MINUTES LATE!!! I was thinking that they have delay or something similar. After longer waiting lady from reception said me that they were there about hour ago. And she said they tried to find me everywhere. What? Where? I was only 5minutes late! They told us that they cant come back, because bus is so far from place. Unfortenately there is no another way how to go back to Cairns or Port Douglas. No bus, No Train, No another connection. So I had to stop cars on way about 2hours. Thanks a God that I found some pople who gave me lift. Jungle tours told me that its not their responsibility, they wont refund any money and they were very rude in comunication. I had many tours around Australia. But This was really THE WORST EVER!!! NEVER AGAIN!

2  Thank juraj f
CaPTA_Group, Owner at Jungle Tours And Trekking, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

We’re sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience. Although we followed up on the complaint you made to us and are sympathetic towards your situation, I thought it would be appropriate to also respond here on Tripadvisor.

We make it clear to all passengers as a condition of travel that they need to be at the designated pickup area on time for departure. On this occasion, you were nowhere to be found at the time given to you. Our driver spent approximately 20 minutes looking for you, and the staff at the hostel assisted with this. The driver stayed as long as he possibly could before he had to commence the return journey to Cairns to not inconvenience the other passengers. Once we heard from you, our driver was already well away from PK’s, outside of mobile range, and unable to turn around, as this would have delayed the tour further.

I hope you understand that we need to make sure our tours arrive back to Cairns on time, as any delays can affect passengers who may be departing Cairns that evening. Similarly to catching a flight, if you do not board at the correct time, then the airline cannot be expected to hold the flight and delay departure for you.

Our reservations staff tried to assist you as best they could, offering to book you on the following day’s return at no cost, but you chose not to pursue this option.

We do recommend to our passengers that they have suitable travel insurance that may cover them in such circumstances.

I’m sorry that there was nothing more we could do to help.

- Ben Woodward, Family Owner / Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 15 March 2014

A great way to enjoy and learn about this beautiful part of Australia. Jungle Surfing was the highlight for me. The Wildlife habitat and the Daintree cruise was quite pleasant as well :D

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I recently visited Cairns with 8 friends. We immediately booked the jungle tour on arrival. We were picked up at 7am and returned after 7pm that eveing - long day - but absolutely worth it. We visted the wildlife park, cruised down the draintree river and saw crocs - small and large, then onto the Draintree - beautfiful - lovely lunch - then onto jungle surfing. Our tour guide - Scotty - Brilliant. Very informative. The jungle surfing - what can I say. I am absolutely scared with heights but with 7 other friends hell bent on doing this activity I had to give it a go. All the jungle surfing team were brilliant - they knew my fear and recognised it, worked round me and worked with me and I - to my amazement - completed the activity to the end. You are harnessed all the way - and well looked after. It was good - my friends LOVED IT - I was super pleased I completed it and overcame my fears to a point but the day on the whole was great - we all loved it and would do it again. Give it a go, how many times can you say you jungle surfed!!!! Get to see a lovely rainforest and see crocs and a great wildlife park all in one day. cheers from Sydney.

1  Thank Lindy145
Reviewed 7 February 2014

For a budget tour I really enjoyed this day out. The Habitat Centre was fun, informative & easy to get around in. The Rainorest hike in the Daintree was lovely even though it rained I learned a lot and was amazed that parts of this forest were over 100 million years old! I didn't want to do the croc cruise on the Daintree River so we waited prob 15 mins before continuing on. You have to be patient on this tour because there are a few pick ups & drop offs to be done....tip: take a good insect repellant!