“Not for Me ...Too Noisy !”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Serre-Chevalier
Hotel Le Lievre Blanc
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Serre-Chevalier
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Noisy Basic Hotel Built 1857 Wooden Frames. NEEDS money spent on it
Water Heater packed up twice during the week.
Electrics and Bedrooms need updating .

EVERY night the bar is open late and it is VERY noisy.Inside and outside the Hotel
At the moment it is a Budget Basic Hotel IDEAL for those who want to party but The Noise element is the main problem with this hotel . It has some quaint charms but needs updating.Food is good

• Stayed: March 2011
7  Thank DAVEColchesterUk

Reviewed 3 February 2011

The bar man was the highlight of my holiday.... Excellent staff, Paolo wig master is top boy...

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank Sinkboy
Reviewed 30 January 2011

My sister and I just had a great holiday in this lovely, quaint hotel. Big warm room, very comfy beds, food plentiful and tasty, with friendly and helpful staff, and all for a bargain price through Skitopia! There were a couple of areas that would benefit from a little TLC, but we felt it added to the charm of the building. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank katski60
Reviewed 29 January 2011

Food and staff were great. Super bar area with a real log fire in a Hotel with character and charm. very handy in the old village for restaraunts and bars. Equipment provided was fine. Room basic but I slept well and no shortage of hot water. Thanks to Steve, Francesca and team for a memorable week.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank rdelisle
Reviewed 24 January 2011

A group of six of us stayed at Le Lievre Blanc in January, we were looking for a cheap no frills ski holiday.

We paid £500 each to include the flights, transfers, half board (breakfast, tea and cakes during the day and evening meal), lift pass and ski hire. To be frank it all seemed too good to be true so I was expecting the worst.

Upon arrival we were shown immediately to our rooms by friendly smiling staff. My room had a double bed and a single bed (both very comfortable), a bath/shower that always had piping hot water and a separate toilet. The décor was dated, carpet stained in places, one of the electrical outlets a bit loose but it was clean and tidy. The radiator kept the room very warm, if anything too warm but that’s not a complaint as the control knob worked fine to turn it down. It was quiet, at times you could hear some noise from the next room but to be fair that was only on a couple of occasions when I think the occupants had been drinking and were chatting spiritedly.

Breakfast was ideal; help yourself to cereals, fruit, yogurts, croissants, juices and best of all plenty of French stick loaves with ham and cheese. We all left satisfied and made ourselves and extra roll each to take up on the slopes with us for lunch. Not sure we were supposed to but I’m fairly sure the staff knew what we were doing and never complained. We missed the tea and cakes most days as were skiing till late, but when I did see them there were only a couple left and they were just small pieces to keep you going to dinner. Evening meals were always three courses, and frankly very good. Starters included: Stilton and Walnut Salad, Cream of Mushroom Soup & a Red Onion and Cheese Puff. All good quality and whilst nothing special, they were tasty, fresh, hot and well presented. The younger lads in our group might have wanted bigger portions but I found them adequate. Very little waiting around for the food, the waiting staff worked their socks off!

When it came to picking up our ski equipment from the hotel shop there was a small delay as with only one technician working and everyone wanting their skis/boards at the same time there was a queue. That said, one of the other staff was there helping out with boots etc so they did what they could to reduce waiting. The biggest surprise was the quality, I was expecting something that my grandfather might have used but actually the equipment was as good as any I have hired from Intersport or any other of the other big retailers.

Serre Chevalier is a good resort, lots of runs for all abilities and contrary to what I had been lead to believe not “full of nothing but drag lifts”, though there were a couple and they tended to be long ones. On the hotel staff’s night off (Thursday) we eat elsewhere and managed to get a meal and a drink for less than 15 euros, so it’s one of the more sensibly priced Alpine skiing resorts.

The hotel rep arranged a trip for us to the neighbouring Montgenevre on the Friday, this went smoothly and was a nice change. My only complaint would be that he could have been a little more forthcoming with information and assistance, we were kept guessing a little at times. Still, it cost only 20 euros including coach there and back and lift pass.

All in all we had a great trip and I would recommend both Skitopia and Le Leivre Blanc to anyone looking for a budget ski deal. If I hadn’t experienced it I wouldn’t have believed you could do it so cheaply.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Dr-Cmos
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Lovely old chalet hotel with fantastic frindly team, excellent food and real fires. The team were always on hand for help and advice . The food was sustantial, bhot and always freshly cooked. My room was basic but adequate with loads of hot water to soak away the ski leg aches and a balcony to store boots etc! I would recommend the chalet for those wanting a low key stay, a few metres from great bars and restaurants with real value for money. if uyou want the Ritz stay somewhere else. If you want down to earth honest value stay at Le Lievere Blanc. i would definitely go back.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Shona7777
Reviewed 8 January 2011

Stayed at the LB last year with a friend - def recommend the company (Skitopia) and the hotel to any friends who want to ski/board on a budget. The hotel was old but quaint, the food was good and the staff were friendly. Not much more you could want from a skiing holiday with friends.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends