“Great for Snowboarding!”

Serre Chevalier Vallee
More attraction details
Owner description: Vallée de Serre Chevalier :Un des plus grands domaines skiables d'europe avec 250km de pistes. Une multitude d'activités été comme hiver.350km de sentiers et 180km de pistes VTTL'office du tourisme vous accueille toute l'année
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Serre-Chevalier is great for snowboarding - pistes are often wide and there are less flat areas than you'd expect to find. The Black and Red runs were powdered but the greens lower down the mountain were extremely icey. The slopes weren't busy and we never queued for a lift. There are plenty of bars across the resort which were fairly priced. Locals were friendly and kind. Apres-Ski seemed somewhat quiet - but tash monday at La Grotte was great! Really recommend. Also very god area for beginners.

2  Thank travellingbeancouple
serrechevalier, Responsable relations clients at Serre Chevalier Vallee, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2015

Thanks for your review. See you soon in Serre Chevalier

There are newer reviews for Serre Chevalier Vallee

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We love Serre Chevalier! We happen to be here in the summer, but have come with the whole family in the winter as well. The area is beautiful, and there's always something fun to do for everyone, no matter what season you come. The people are very friendly and helpful as well (also English speaking), for those of us who aren't as up to date with our French!

2  Thank Chloe T
serrechevalier, Responsable relations clients at Serre Chevalier Vallee, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Chloe,

Thanks a lot for your nice review about our region. We are really happy to read these words; Sometimes people can imagine french cannot speak a word english.

Greetings

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Very nice region to visit.
For cyclist famous(Galibier,Izoard) and hard (Granon) cols to climb.
A lot of walking opportunities in the area.
Briançon is visite worth.

Thanks for your review.
Hope to see you soon in our valley.
greetings

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I went with 30 colleagues, a range of total beginner (me) to expert and we all loved our time in Serre-Chevalier.

Although I can't speak from experience of other resorts, this was a perfect place for a beginner to learn and progress quickly as there are are great variety of blue and green runs that start and end at the same places as the harder reds and blacks. This meant that you can still meet up with friends/family who are more advanced. The routes are quite well signposted but I would recommend getting a map from your hotel and keeping it in your pocket.

I had 2 hours of tuition per day from friendly instructors, although the teaching method is mostly via trial and error rather than clearly communicating where you're going wrong. By the end of the third day, I found the blues comfortable and was having a fantastic time.

The instructors' English is not fluent but this adds to the charm of the resort. It seems more like a place where 'locals' come to ski, rather than the more famous mass ski resorts like Val d'Isere. The slopes were not crowded and queues for lifts never take longer than 2 minutes to clear. I think all the hotels are within walking distance of the lifts and ski rental shop, which saves taking a bus at the start and end of the day - a big plus according to my more experienced colleagues.

To any other beginners, my main points of advice would be to get some cheap but fit-for-purpose skiing gear and don't be afraid to put all your weight onto your outside leg when turning. Lastly, don't be afraid to fall; as long as your don't twist any joints, the impact with snow really doesn't hurt at all, even at high speed.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my first skiing experience here and hope to come again soon to try some reds/blacks and gorge myself on another raclette!

serrechevalier, Responsable relations clients at Serre Chevalier Vallee, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Customer,

thanks a lot for your review and hope to see you again in Serre Chevalier. We are proud that your vacation was so pleasant.
Greetings

Frank

Reviewed 14 April 2014

My family and I have just returned from a little over a week's skiing in Serre-Chevalier. We were looked after throughout by the fantastic team at Ski Connections.

The entire team were kind and welcoming, efficient and proactive, flexible and helpful. Given that our two small children had never skied before and that my wife and I had never been to this ski area before, you can imagine there were a lot of questions to resolve and plans to be changed.

The instructors all seemed to be really encouraging and our children developed the love of skiing and the mountains we'd so hoped they would. We took a guide for a day's touring and he was one of the best we've had, knowledgeable, safety conscious, fun, full of useful tips and a good judge of our fitness and ability.

We very much hope to head back there next year and will be making a bee-line for Davina, Olivier and their great team and would greatly encourage others to do so too.

1  Thank philipcrsmith
serrechevalier, Responsable relations clients at Serre Chevalier Vallee, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thanks for your review and congrats to the Ski connections ski school.
greetings