If you are like me and you only read the first few lines to get a feel for a review then here it is. I am the fussiest person I know and we travelled for 10 days with my children (5 of them aging from 15 to 5) to the resort over New Year (their busiest time) and it was fantastic. There were a couple of really minor points which irritated me but other than that it was perfect.
Now for the details....The room we stayed in was a 3 bedroom garden Villa the layout and design were really good, lots of space and a practical layout. The large 2nd bedroom easily had space for a 3rd bed for my 5 year old. The outdoor showers were a real hit with the kids as was the large plunge pool in the garden.... which was big and very deep and for the small ones more than good enough to play in rather many hotels where they are only just big enough to use for a dip to cool down.
The beach is Beautiful white sand with sun bed well spaced out so that you had lots of privacy and right next to the pool so we could go down to the general area and swap between the sea and the pool without moving sun beds. There are also beds by both of the pools which, whilst they were closer together, are still not overcrowded. There are two pools and the kids one had 2/3 of the edge as a walk in rather than steps which was fantastic. The Bamboo restaurant runs down the side of the pool onto the beach and is great for breakfast and eating during the day... Pool side drinks and ice cream were available all day with people walking about rather than you having to go in search of them...
The food was varied and we didnt feel the like we were stuck in the resort.... We ate in all the restaurants when we were there (3) and they are varied and all have different characteristics. the children made their own pizzas in the Italian, fed the fish in the Main restaurant and played on the beach when we ate in Bamboo.... over the New year there was a fantastic variety of themed evenings, the Indian one being the best, but they worked very well for the children as we could all eat as soon as we got there but we could sit at the table and have a drink after dinner whilst they went off an played on the beach.
They also set up a "Lounge" I am not sure if they do this outside the Xmas season but this was a hit the older children and my husband and I, it was basically an outdoor disco with lazer show on the beach with a separate bar area. We couldnt hear the music from our villa but perhaps it would have affected some of the accommodation.... worth checking.
We had in room dinning on a couple of occasions in the evening and half of the time for breakfast. It was fantastic quality always came in hot cabinets so stayed hot and arrived on time....
5 out of 7 of us used the gym virtually every day and whilst it is quite small it is well equipped and more than adequate to work off the excessive food intake whilst you are there, there is also a lap pool in the gym ...
Two complaints... The buggy service is dire when you are away from your villa, we regularly ordered a buggy to take us back to the room from the restaurants and beach and it would take 20 minutes to arrive and there is no real system for calling one. Also the bike situation, they dont have enough for everyone on the resort and half of the ones they do have are very poor quality, this may not be an issue iof you go outside peak times, so there is a waiting list.... in reality that means when you get a bike and take it to the beach it is likely to get stolen.... we have 7 bikes and 25 incidents of them being taken including my 5 year olds which was really very annoying...
All in all fab place would recommend it to anyone going to Mauritius....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita consists of 136 pool villas and residences and offers unlimited, complimentary golf on an 18-hole championship golf course designed by Ernie Els. The Resort encompasses a private island, which is home to secluded beaches. Each villa features an al fresco shower, extensive veranda, plunge pool and private garden, ideal for honeymooners and privacy lovers. The two, three, four and five-bedroom residence villas offer the exclusivity of a private home for friends and family. The Spa has twelve stilted, overwater treatment rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Mauritius At Anahita
- Four Seasons Resort Mauritius At Anahita Hotel Beau Champ
- Four Seasons Beau Champ
- Four Seasons Hotel Mauritius
- Four Seasons Resort Mauritius At Anahita Beau Champ